Sunday, May 17, 2020

PP491 CAS Masculine Cards

Happy Sunday, everyone! Hope your weekend is going well!  Ann is our Paper Players hostess and it's Clean and Simple week!  Be sure to stop by the Paper Players blog for a refresher of the definition of clean and simple!


I always like to use Nature's Beauty for masculine cards; the animals are perfect images for guys!  I saw this card yesterday and I liked how Lisa created a frame around the edge of her card, although mine doesn't look quite as good as hers, LOL!  I used the tree image from the same set to frame my little fox:


I stamped the trees on a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock with Crumb Cake ink, then inked up my fox in Memento Black and colored him with watercolor pencils, first with Pumpkin Pie, then Real Red, and then Early Espresso, to get the rusty color I was looking for.  I blended the colors together with a Blender Pen, then added some White and stamped a sentiment in Cajun Craze.  It looked a little blah, so I diecut it with the Stitched Rectangle die and did some sponging, and that helped give it a little definition.


It went on a Crumb Cake card base and I stamped a simple birthday sentiment on the inside, along with some more trees:



I had a few scraps sitting on my desk; this embossed Merry Merlot panel as well as a diecut Gold Foil panel, so I put them together, stamped the deer image from the same set, colored her with some Blends and added a get-well sentiment:


It felt good to get them off my desk!  I hope you'll find some inspiration from our challenge this week; to me, masculine cards are always a challenge, but if you make them clean and simple, they needn't be!  Please share yours with us at the Paper Players blog and while you're there, check out what the design team created as well!  Thanks for popping in!

Using the little fox on my card reminded me of my grandfather; he passed away before I was born, my dad was in college when he died.  But he was an avid fox hunter and often went hunting with his beagles.  (Before anyone gets upset, fox hunters don't kill the fox...they just enjoy riding their horses and testing the mettle of the dogs!) There are still fox hunts around, but with the developments and building boom, it is more challenging to find places to hunt.  Anyway, all that to say that this is the only photo I have of my grandfather; he is sitting on his horse and I think maybe he was ready for the hunt?  Not sure, but in my imagination that's what he is doing!  My dad was born in 1929, so I am guessing it was in the 30s, but again, I am not sure.  He certainly is handsome and I can see where my dad got his looks, LOL!


 Thanks for indulging me!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


First Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nature's Beauty, Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake
 Ink Crumb Cake, Memento Black, Cajun Craze
Accessories
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Sponge, Watercolor Pencils, Blender Pen

Second Card Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Nature's Beauty, Itty Bitty Greetings
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Merry Merlot, Gold Foil
 Ink Memento Black, Merry Merlot, Early Espresso
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Pinewood Planks EF, Sponge, Stitched Rectangle Dies

16 comments:

susandot said...

What a wonderful picture of your Grandfather. I agree, he is a very handsome man. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Kampin' Karen said...

I love both your cards, but especially the fox one. Your grandfather certainly was debonaire. Your grandmother was a blessed woman! It looks like he might have been going to an equestrian show to me and I bet he and his horse took first place. That's where my imagination took me! Have a blessed day.

Bonnie said...

That fox is so beautifully colored, LeAnne! A perfect masculine card and so is the deer! We saw a fox in our neighborhood a couple of years ago and often see deer. We live in the middle of town, so that's pretty amazing. You grandfather is very handsome. What a treasure to have that picture!

I Card Everyone said...

I'm happy to see this handsome little fox snuggled in to the thicket you've created, LeAnne - and for reminding me they don't kill the fox!
Both cards are very handsome … just like that grandfather of yours!
=]

Vickie said...

these are great cards LeAnne....wonderful coloring...Yes, indeed, your grandfather was quite a handsome man. I will send you a pic of my picture in my house of Fox Hunt in Fredericksburg VA every year.

Allisa said...

Such a great set of cards. Fabulous coloring! I love seeing old pics, such a treasure!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Great card - love the "frame" you created for your fox with the branches! The deer on the other card is perfect on the embossed Merry Merlot panel. And what a fun photo to have of your grandfather!!

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely fabulous cards, LeAnne! I love how you stamped the trees around the edge of the fox card. I also love the deer card, too. That is such a great simple layout! What a wonderful picture of your grandfather! It's definitely one to treasure. Thank you so much for rocking my Clean and Simple challenge this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is such a fabulous card. I love the trees you created for this beautifully colored fox. CAS perfection! Now, that grandfather of yours was one handsome fellow. I never met my grandpa either. I bet he had lots of fun stories! I hope you have a great week, My Friend!

Lisa Elton said...

Your little fox hiding among the branches is too cute! These are both terrific LeAnne and what a handsome photo of your grandfather!

Stef Perry said...

Your fox is one handsome fella, LeAnne! The tree branch border around the card edge is fantastic and the sentiment in Cajun is perfect. Fantastic masculine card!

Love seeing your grandfather on his horse! My great grandfather was a country "vet" in rural Oregon back in the late 1800's and was quite the horse trainer, so family legend has it, although not quite in the same league as fox hunting thoroughbreds LOL! I still have some old pics of him, the family and a few of his horses. Thanks for moment to reminisce!

Linda Callahan said...

Great cards....and your grandfather was dashing!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Love that picture of your grandfather. To think that back then, people dressed up like with a TIE to ride a horse, or any other activity for that matter! So handsome. :-) Your cards are great masculine designs, LeAnne. Especially loving the foxy fox on the first card. Have a great evening!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love both cards LeAnne, I especially like the border detail on the first one which is a great detail for a CAS card. And wasn’t your grandfather dashing!

laurie said...

Awesome cards! I just love that frame you stamped.Fun pic of your grand dad!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

I love that you shared the photo of your grandfather, LeAnne! Your cards are beautiful and fantastic inspiration. Big hugs, my friend!