Thursday, May 21, 2020

IB125 Sitting Pretty

Hi stampers!  It's Thursday, and time for a new Inspired By challenge!  Check out this fun photo and optional sketch:
Image may contain: people sitting, text that says 'Inspired By... sitting pretty'

Aren't those chairs cute, hanging on the wall with their little vignettes of plants and books?!  Well, cute as they are, I have nothing chair-related in my vast stamping stash, so I opted for colors!  So here we go:


My first step was to diecut a piece of white cardstock with CTMH's Multi Circle Windows die; the die actually cuts twelve circles, so I turned the panel sideways and trimmed off a row on each side.  I used the bird die from Well Written and diecut it in several colors to match the challenge photo, but they looked a little blah, so to amp up the color, I stamped each one with a gingham stamp from Papertrey, then popped them up in the circles:


To mimic the greenery, I diecut a few sprigs of Garden Green with the Nature's Thoughts dies and sponged them with some white ink to soften them a bit, then created a thick diecut "friend" from the same Well Written die:


It all went on a panel of gray weatherboard DSP from Honeybee's The Bees Knees 6x6 pad.  All these colors just make me smile!!  I hope you'll find some inspiration to play along with us too!  Share your creation at Inspired By with us this week!

We have had this little doe, and sometimes a couple of her friends, come out into the field just beyond our yard several times over the last week; she doesn't seem to be afraid of being out in the open!  Or maybe she's checking out John's newly-planted garden?!  Hmmm....better keep an eye on her!


Thanks for stopping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Background Basics:  Gingham (Papertrey Inc)
Card stock & Papers     Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Flirty Flaminto, Mint Macaron, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather, Garden Green, The Bees Knees (Honeybee)
 Ink Whisper White, Balmy Blue, So Saffron, Flirty Flaminto, Mint Macaron, Coastal Cabana, Highland Heather
Accessories Enamel Dot
Tools     Big Shot, Well Written Dies, Nature's Thoughts Dies, Multi Circle Windows Die (Close to My Heart)

9 comments:

Kim S said...

Absolutely charming!

~amy~ said...

Oh I love how you were inspired!

Ruth Ann V. said...

Thank you for this cute and happy card.
Something I need with this "social distancing".

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you really do bring a lot to the table [even without chairs!]with these sweet gingham birds! Way to show how that Sketch can do the trick!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

What a great die and such a sweet card...gotta love gingham. It's so appropriate to have a bird house in your photo of the doe. Do you have bluebirds?

Bonnie said...

Love these bright, checked birds, LeAnne! The circles are perfect perches and I love that woodgrain background!

Tenia Nelson said...

Very pretty card!!

Lisa Elton said...

How sweet are those little gingham birds!! From one chair-less friend to another, this is CUTE!!

Danni Reid said...

I LOVE everything about your card, so pretty!