Wednesday, May 20, 2020

CAS Thinking of You

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  I have a couple of CAS cards for you today; I finally got my SU order, so I hope to play with those goodies today!  Meanwhile, the Color Dare 394 wants Monochromatic Greens:

Click Photo for Color Dare Challenge #394 "Monochromatic Green" - CLOSES Thursday  May 28th

and I needed to amp up my birthday card stash, so I pulled out the soon-to-retire Time for Tags and some shades of green:


I stamped the tag in Call Me Clover and used Blends and a Blender Pen and ink to color it in, then embellished it with a little green glimmer paper star:



I punched it out with the matching tag punch, then used some Call Me Clover DSP and the Nested Label die for my layers.  I adhered them to some Granny Apple Green layers to add another green!  On the inside, I stamped images from Bonanza Buddies, as well as a couple more glimmer stars:


My second card is for Just Add Ink's Thinking of You challenge, Perfectly CAS's Animal challenge, and CAS On Sunday's Use a Die challenge:




My Community Bible Study stopped face-to-face meeting, obviously, but we were continuing via Zoom, and my leader shared some really cute paper plates she had gotten earlier in the year for our last meeting, which is always a lovely brunch with beautifully decorated tables and a sharing time.  The plates had a big giraffe on them, very cute, and I thought I would use the one giraffe stamp I had to make her a thank you card:


I stamped my giraffe from 100 Proof Press in Cajun Craze and fussy-cut him out, then layered him on another Nested Label diecut panel.  I stamped an image from Gallery Grunge in Terracotta Tile, and added a sentiment from Daily Bread Design's Mini Tag Sentiments.


My top Very Vanilla layer is also diecut with MFT's Wonky Stitched Rectangle die for some additional interest!  Now, to get this out in the mail!  

I haven't had any Cassidy pictures lately, but I thought I would share this photo of my minister's kids; they built a "teepee" in their backyard:


Between that and the treehouse that John built for them, they'll be set for all their outdoor summer activities!  Thanks for popping in today--enjoy your day and be blessed!


8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

The pastor's kids are so darn cute and what a great teepee...and what's not to love about tree houses. There is one next to us here in NC and we've never seen anyone go in it even though we hear children...haven't seen them though. I like the monochromatic card BUT since my daughter, hubby and I adore giraffes, I LOVE your card. What a great job of cutting him/her out. The color you chose is great. Have a blessed day and enjoy your goodies. I won't have mine until I get home but I can tell you my credit card will be seeing sticker shock next week. I should order now because I am hearing it is taking a long time to ship.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you've treated me to lots of the cutest DOTS this morning! LOve those greens, and your orange, too! wink.
I love kids with imagination... such a fun teepee! Now which one of mom's blankets will finish it off? ha!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Love all of the fresh spring green, not to mention the polka dots! Two great cards LeAnne. And that teepee,... so CUTE!!

Suzanne Reynolds said...

So bright and cheery, love the polka dot papers...very pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

Neets B said...

The cream and terracotta colour palette is the perfect combo for your giraffe card. The label die cut is a great backdrop too. Thanks so much for joining us at Perfectly CAS, Anita x

Julie B said...

Love the way you coordinated the image with your background yet keeping it CAS.
Thanks for joining in with our animal challenge at Perfectly CAS. :)

Linda Callahan said...

Wow these are all so cute! I adore those sweet little cut out birds!

Vandra said...

Lovely card full of spots. Thanks for joining us at Colour Dare Challenge. I Hope you join us again soon. Vandra Stenton, Colour Dare Challenge Design Team.