Saturday, May 16, 2020

Just Checking on You Owl Trio

Happy Saturday, peeps!  It's shaping up to be a nice weekend, although I don't think we could beat yesterday's temps of the mid-80s!  Woohoo, it was like summertime!  Dana and I went shopping for florals and it was HOT in those greenhouses!  Anyway, when I came home, after doing some planting, I did some stamping.....I remember I had one sheet of 12x12 paper with owls on it and thought it would make some cute cards for families in our church that we've been missing.  I paired it with the owl from Check You Out, so here we go:


These papers are so cool...they are heavy, and textured, and while the colors don't match SU colors exactly, I figured the kids wouldn't mind!  The first one just features an owl colored in some various colors and fussy-cut:


The second one uses both sides of the patterned paper, and I gave him some eye detail along with a stitched banner:



And finally, my last one also had a little stitching/scallop detail going on:


I also added some color to him by using a marker on specific areas before removing it from the Stamparatus...a handy little tool for sure!


And as I am posting this, I can hear not an owl, but a male Baltimore oriole in the woods behind me.  He has been singing his song for two days now.....constantly! Yesterday morning I went through the woods to my SIL's house and saw him in a tree, I think he was building a nest!  So he must be looking for a wife, LOL! He's quite elusive to see, but we did see him again in the afternoon, but he's too far away for pictures.  But he is beautiful and I am thrilled he's around!  Thanks for popping in today and enjoy your day!  Be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Check You Out
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Soft Sky (ret), Early Espresso, Quite Contrary DSP (My Mind's Eye)
 Ink Early Espresso, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Lost Lagoon (ret), Soft Sky (ret)
Accessories Early Espresso Marker, Blender Pen
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Be Mine Dies, Stitched Shape Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitching Lines Dies (Ellen Hutson), Bundle of Stitched Shape Dies (Simon Says Stamp), 3/8" Circle Punch

3 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Cute cards. I haven't seen a Baltimore Oriole since we left NY 20 years ago! The cardinals in NC are proliferous...no wonder they're the state bird.

Lisa Elton said...

This is a trio of cuteness! Your church families will love them!

Linda Callahan said...

That paper is perfect with that cute owl! Fun cards!