Thursday, March 5, 2015

RS155 and CQC282 Funny Cats

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings 100 Proof Press Four Kitties S'up Stampin Up-001

Happy Thursday peeps!  I haven’t played much with the ColourQ challenges since I left, but when I saw this one, with the pretty blues and newsprint, I knew I had to play this week!

I paired it with Arielle’s RetroSketches sketch too:

So, this card is a little silly, but I just love these little cats in a row from 100 Proof Press!  I fussy cut them from some Very Vanilla cardstock and mounted them on a circle of Newsprint.  The card is a little shorter than average so that I could have the upper part of the circle extend beyond the edge, and still fit into a standard-sized envelope:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings 100 Proof Press Four Kitties S'up Stampin Up 2

A couple of embossing folders and a trendy sentiment from Hi There, atop a Word Bubble diecut gives it a little bit of interest!

DSCF8318

Do you think they’re expanding their kitty horizons by reading the newspaper?!  LOL!  Enjoy your day!

Playing with her foam shapes:

DSCF8319DSCF8323

DSCF8325

It’s a birthday cake!

DSCF8326

Uh oh….not happy about me taking pictures!!!

DSCF8331

9 comments:

Sylvia said...

Lovely card, LeAnne! I love your kitties reading, mine just like to play slip and slide across the room! As for Cassidy, always enjoy the photo's! If she doesn't like her picture taken, she's growing up too fast! Have a wonderful Thursday and thanks for playing with us at the colourQ. It is an cold, gray, icy day in our neck of the woods!

/p said...

Nice Face! Always enjoy your talent.....and Cassidy's too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love that fun kitty card - they really do look like they're catching up on current affairs! I'm fascinated by this colour combo too, need to find time to have a go! Cute Cassidy with attitude too; sometimes she looks so grown up!

Esther Asbury said...

What a fun card! I love how you cut the cats out and put them over the newsprint! So cute!

jengd said...

Cute card, great cake and what a look!! :)

Lisa Elton said...

How fun are they!! Terrific card. This silly sentiment reminds me of our son, he says that when he calls!! Well, it's either that or "Hey"!!

stampwithsandy said...

Awesome take on both challenges, LeAnne! Love the colors with the newsprint, and of course you know I love those kitties, who are apparently catching up on current events! Hmm, I wonder how Cassidy will feel having her picture taken when she's a teenager!

Jen Mitchell said...

LOL! I knew this challenge would be right up your alley! Love what you've done - especially those little kitties!

Claire said...

Oh those cats are just too sweet LeAnne! I think they are reading the newspaper ...there must be an article on mice or something! Love the spotty background too!