Tuesday, March 3, 2015

RRBC09

DSCF8181

Happy Tuesday, peeps!  I was thrilled to have this card chosen by the RetroRubber team as a winner a little while back…which means this week, I am the guest designer there!  Their challenge this week is to use a tag on your card…as well as stamps that are, ahem, “old”….a year or so!  I have lots of them!

RRBC09

So here we go!  I missed making a Christmas card last week, so I thought it would be fun to use a little image from the CTMH Santa Claus Holiday set I got last year along with some “hoarded” DSP from MME called Vintage Christmas:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Vintage Santa CLose to my Heart RetroRubber

I used SU’s Scallop Top Tag Punch along with the white burlap ribbon that’s in the Occasions catalog for my tag:

DSCF8179

My cardstock is Naturals White, and Santa is stamped in Cherry Cobbler and fussy cut out.  I also stamped some snowflakes on the star behind him, and added some fun Tim Holtz stickers around the edge. 

DSCF8180

And I couldn’t help but use these images on the inside!  So fun!

DSCF8182

I hope you’ll play along with the RetroRubber challenge this week!  It’s fun to dig back into our stash!  See you there!

Helping Grampy with the laundry…got to teach them early!

DSCF8304

DSCF8307

12 comments:

jengd said...

Fabulous card LeAnne! I love your mix of colors, patterns and layers. And good idea about the laundry. I really need to get Boy doing more of that too.

Katie Skiff said...

Hey LeeAnn!! Thank you so much for joining us at Retro Rubber!! ♥ This card is so adorable, I love the soft color scheme and that cute Santa!! Hope to see you playing more!!

Denise Willerton said...

oh oh oh ~ LOVE this sweet Christmas card LeAnne ~ I love all the elements here and great use of DSP! I've got to get into my stash!!! Enjoy your day!

Neva Cole said...

Very lovely Christmas card! Great use of the tag and wonderful interesting layers. Thank you for being a GD for us at RRCB!

Claire Grantham said...

Hey LeeAnn, great to have you with us. I love your card, but can't bear to think about Christmas yet, I need warmth!! Cx

Lisa Elton said...

Lots of great layers LeAnne! I love your mix of patterns and the offset stars on your tag. This is a festive Christmas card and I love it! Laundry is fun for her now...if she only knew ;)

Debbie Mageed said...

Cute Santa! I love how you even made your entire card look retro! What a sweet tag, too! I love your card so much! You are ahead of the game making Christmas cards, which is never an easy thing to do. Thanks for joining the RRBC design team this week!

*Vicki* said...

This is ADORABLE!! Really love the stars behind your Santa tag!! LOVE the papers!! :)

Claire Broadwater said...

Leanne, this is just adorable!!!!! I love that Santa! I wish I had that stamp set! Love all the layers on your card with the great mix of patterns! I would love this card to appear in my mailbox! XX, My Friend!

Unknown said...

Such a jolly Santa! Love your color combination... looks so retro/vintage. We have really enjoyed your participation at RRBC. I hope that you will play often!!

Jane Knudsen said...

LOVE this card! Congrats on being our guest designer! Your cards are always so wonderful so see! I can't get enough of this one - all the details - wowsa!!

Christine Traversa said...

What a great card! Congrats also! Thanks for participating!