Sunday, March 1, 2015

Paper Players 234

DSCF8285

Happy Sunday, peeps!  And happy March!   Today is Paper Players day, and Laurie has our challenge today, very appropriate for the coming season:

I don’t usually mind the cold weather, but I am getting a wee bit weary of it this winter!  At least we had some sunshine this weekend!  So I was happy to see this challenge!  For my card, I used the Freshly Made Sketches sketch 175:

I had gotten this pretty, springy DSP last year at the end of SAB and never really got to use it, so I thought it would be perfect for the challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 234

I used Lil’Inker’s bunny and stitched mat dies, cutting the bunny in Crisp Cantaloupe and his bow in Soft Sky.  For the “ribbon” at the top, I cut a small strip with the edges of the mat die and added the larger bow from the bunny set, as well as a little tag punched with my retired SU tag punch and a sentiment from PTI’s Mixed Messages:

DSCF8286

I matted it all with a layer of Pistachio Pudding for a pretty spring finish!  I know there will be lots of wonderful springy creations in the gallery this week…I hope yours will be one of them!  And be sure to check out the other designers’ creations as well:

Playing with icicles….well, throwing them on the driveway!

DSCF8257

DSCF8258DSCF8263

We even got a double!

DSCF8268

Enjoy your day!

17 comments:

Nance Leedy said...

This paper is among my all-time favorite and you've featured it beautifully here! Perfect colors for spring and your little stitched bunny is adorable! I hope you see signs of spring soon...stay warm!

mudmaven said...

Gorgeous LeAnne! I love that paper and have been hoarding mine - might be time to pull it out and put it to good use. ~chris

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I just love that stitched bunny and the colours of your card just scream Spring today LeAnne! I used some of this paper earlier this week too and had forgotten just how pretty it is - this piece is my favourite in the pack. Gorgeous card my friend!

Debbie Mageed said...

That DSP is wonderful for a spring card! I sure wish I had remembered it. I need to put my DSP away so I am not tempted to use it for a second card. Oh, well! I love your bunny with the pretty bow. Such a sweet card for spring!

Linda Callahan said...

I love this DSP! One of my all time faves! That bunny is adorable.....perfect with the paper!

Bonnie said...

What a perfect Easter card! Love how you've done the strip with the stitched mats!

stampwithsandy said...

LeAnne I love the sweet, soft colors of the paper you chose and the stitched bunny with his bow is adorable! Very springy indeed, but not so much the icicles!

Darlene Gabriel said...

I love this stitched bunny and ribbon/bow. This is such a pretty springtime card and beautiful DP.

laurie said...

SO CUTE! I love the lil inker bunny with the bow! looks so cute with the DP,too. Such a fun card.

Speaking of fun, smashing icicles looks like fun,too!

Paradise Stamper said...

Love, love, love the stitched bunny & bow tie and color combo!

Jen Brum said...

Great Easter card LeAnne! I love that stitched ribbon/bow and that adorable bunny! So springy! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a delightful spring card LeAnne!! I like your pretty papers and those sweet die cuts. I'm sick of this weather too, 7 more inches for us today!

Karren said...

Fabulous card, LeAnne! I so love all the stitched dies you've used on this and the colors are so bright and cheerful - definitely Spring!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a happy, cheery card LeAnne! I love the color combo and that little bunny is the perfect touch. Cassidy sure looks like she is having fu in the cold. Brrrr!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Leanne, I LOVE the stitched bunny! I have hoarded some of this beautiful DSP and you have inspired me to get it out and use it for Spring! Cassidy is so darn cute! I love all her pictures! XX

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, LeAnne! I just LOVE the stitched bunny! The designer paper definitely screams spring! I LOVE it. And...I think playing with icicles looks like fun!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I am so with you! I normally love winter... but this one has gone one too long. We are into our fifth month with snow and I am longing for spring. Your colors, stitched bunny and fabulous layout make me yearn for warmer weather - and chocolate :-)
hugs
jaydee