Thursday, March 26, 2015

FMS179

DSCF8803

Happy Thursday, everyone….aah, we are almost to the weekend!  I am desperately trying to stamp some new samples for a big workshop I have this weekend, so I pulled out a new-to-me set, Boys Will Be Boys, and put the Freshly Made Sketches sketch to use:

I am also trying to use up some of the DSP I have because before we know it, the new catalog will be upon us with some new stuff!  I have to admit that I have been better this year at using mine up!  This pattern from Confetti Celebration is not one of my favorites, but the graphics in it seemed perfect for a boy’s card!  Here we go:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Boys Will Be Boys Stampin Up

I stamped the image in Basic Gray ink and colored it in simply with markers.  It looked a little plain, so I added some Candy Dots along the edge…much better!  My banner is from Maritime, and although I forgot to photograph it, I stamped the birthday sentiment from the set on the inside:

DSCF8802

I am sure I could use this set for Cassidy, as she loves to play with blocks too…so it’s not just for boys! 

Cassidy was definitely into licking the cake bowl:

DSCF8776

and the spatula:

DSCF8775

And my mom always taught me “A good cook always cleans up her mess”, so she went to work washing up afterwards!  A little messy, but another good way to keep her occupied!

DSCF8799

DSCF8796

Enjoy your day!

11 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Wow I love this! I am a total fan of bold primary colors! Must be from all those years in elem. school! Wonderful card!

stampwithsandy said...

Cute boy card! I love those building blocks. Miss Cassidy has turned into quite the little helper!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love those bright blocks - the candy dots really add to the overall design too! A really great boy card.

Beth said...

Ahh so cute I'm going to love baking with my little! :-) Such a sweet card too.

Beth xx

Darlene Gabriel said...

What a cute card. I love those candy dots down the side. Fun colours for a birthday card.
Looks like a yummy stuff she's licking there. So cute to see her cleaning up too.

Linda said...

Oh what a perfect card for a child. Really adorable. And what a perfect little helper. Really sweet.TFS

Amy O said...

I love this, and I don't think I've ever noticed this set. I love the bright colors you've used for the blocks, and the dsp complements the stamps perfectly. The candy dots were a great finishing touch. It's always good to see you in the FMS gallery, LeAnne.

Lisa Elton said...

Those block on your card are so cute, love this LeAnne! Love seeing little Miss Betty Crocker in her apron in the kitchen!

R.M.Vasquez said...

Too funny! But she is learning good habits, too!

Jen Brum said...

Such a great card LeAnne! I love the bold primary colours! It is the perfect boy card! Love the candy dots! Great accent! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Claire Broadwater said...

Congratulations on your win at FMS! Well deserved! Such a great card! Martha Stewart better watch out! XX