Sunday, March 8, 2015

Paper Players 235

DSCF8433

Hi, everyone!  I trust you’re having a great weekend!  It’s Paper Players time, with Anne Marie as our hostess!  She has a wonderful color challenge for us this week; check it out:



Seeing those colors together like that made me think of the current Create with Connie & Mary sketch 345:
CCMC345

so I went to work, pulling out some scraps to make my card for this week:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Paper Players 235 Stampin Up Hi There Tape It

Since I had the Hi There set already out, I thought it would be fun to incorporate the sentiments into the circular elements; I added a “hello” from the So You photopolymer set, just isolating it from the “hello sunshine” sentiment:

DSCF8434

DSCF8435

I also stamped some faux washi from Tape It along the diagonal and added a wee bit of linen thread!  It feels good to use some of my older stamps along with the newer ones!

I think the DT did an awesome job with these colors!  Be sure to check out their samples, and show us yours as well!  Here’s their links, or you can just go to the Paper Players blog to see them all!
Enjoy your day, and thanks so much for visiting today!

DSCF8399

Wee Project Details
Stamps Tape It, Hi There, So You
Card stock & Papers     Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake, DSP:  Story Time & Sweet Sorbet
 Ink Wild Wasabi, So Saffron, Crisp Cantaloupe, Crumb Cake
Accessories Linen Thread, Candy Dots
Tools     Big Shot, Fancy Fan EF, Perfect Polka Dots EF, Circle Thinlits, Punches:  Small Banner, 3/4" Circle, 1 1/4" Circle, 7/8" Scallop, 1 1/4" Scallop, Dimensionals

24 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Totally fun ...... Like you!

Bev Gomez said...

Love your card and I have never used those sets and I have them. Cute idea!

JoAnn said...

Great card and I love the color combo.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this card is so fun! I love the use of the colors and the way you incorporated all the greetings! Such a fantastic card! It made me smile! XX

Unknown said...

Such a fun card!! I love all the sentiments...they really make the card special!!

Debbie Mageed said...

You did the color challenge proud, Leanne! I love the combination of the PP and CCMC challenges and love your sentiments being part of the focal point. Great card!

Lisa Elton said...

You did a terrific job with the sketch LeAnne, this is a fun card!! Looks like the big legos finally wore Cassidy out!!

laurie said...

What a great card for both challenges! I love the cute circles with the fun sentiments!

Nance Leedy said...

What a great use of the sketch, LeAnne! All those circles made me dizzy but you made them sing--especially with AM's pretty spring colors. Great job! Looks like Cassidy wore herself out with the Legos! They look so angelic when they sleep, don't they?!

Patricia said...

A little sleep, it's always a good idea.

Karren said...

Great job combining challenges, LeAnne! These colors work so well with this sketch. Fabulous card!

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful mix of texture and patterns, LeAnne! Your selection of sentiments is soooo clever! I LOVE it!

Jenny Engelke said...

Wow, LeAnne, this is so much fun!!!

*Vicki* said...

This is such a great layout!! Love your take on the challenges! ;)

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! Thank you for playing the sketch challenge with week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Chris Slogar said...

This is a really fun card - I love the papers and stamps you chose to pull the color and sketch challenge together! The extra circles and various greetings make the layout even more fun to look at! Thank you for playing at Create with Connie and Mary!

stampwithsandy said...

What a super fun card, LeAnne! Love the layout and the sentiments are perfectly playful!

AB. said...

Amazing card! The juxtaposition of the sentiments really works well - so fun! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary this week. :)

Connie Babbert said...

How ADORABLE!!! I love all the sentiments in the circles! So clever and fun! Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

What a wonderful card you've created from combining these two challenges! Your card is so pretty, spring-y, and colorful and all those sayings are fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Awesome card my friend! I love how you combined the colours with the circles - the texture and layering on this card adds real punch and so much interest. Cute sleepy girl too :-)

Lorraine said...

I love the way you use all those textures in that sketch. What a wonderful array of colors.

Anne Marie Hile said...

S'up! :) Such a fun card, LeAnne! A perfect pairing with the sketch, especially with all of those fabby textures. You rocked my colors this week, friend!

Jaydee said...

LeAnn, you are the queen of layering and bold cards. I love the textures and interest you created on your card and I love the repetition of sentiments.
Hugs
Jaydee