Wednesday, March 18, 2015

LIM 215 and AAAC35

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Happy Easter Penny Black Chick and Daffodil-001

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  Thanks for all the get-well wishes!  I do feel a bit more like myself today!  I forced myself to stamp something yesterday—and I finally finished a card that I actually liked!  This is my third attempt to do the Less Is More challenge this week, which is a one-layer card featuring an animal!  I just got this cute Penny Black stamp from my girlfriend, and it seemed appropriate for the season as well as the challenge:

LeAnne Pugliese WeeInklings Happy Easter Penny Black Chick and Daffodil 2

This is a notecard-sized card, and it’s not even SU paper…I had some cheapie Georgia Pacific cardstock on my desk, so I cut it to size and stamped my image in Stazon and watercolored it, which is always a risk, as sometimes the paper will pill, but it did pretty well:

DSCF8616

I used Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Wild Wasabi inks, then stamped the sentiment from Delightful Dozen, rounded the corners and called it a day!  It actually was clean and simple!   Hope you like it!  Edited to add:  Thanks to Sarah, who called my attention to the AAA Cards challenge, which is "bare naked"!!!  So I am submitting this card there as well!  Thanks, Sarah!

Speaking of Easter, we did some decorating on Monday:

DSCF8587
DSCF8590
DSCF8596
DSCF8601

She did a great job putting all those little Easter ornaments on my curly-cue tree!  Enjoy your day!

19 comments:

None None said...

This is super cute, LeAnne! You nailed the LIM challenge and did a great job coloring. I love the OLC and that cute little chick is just adorable!

Linda said...

This is sooo cute .... I love the little chick! xx

Denise Willerton said...

SO glad you're feeling better ~ your card is so so sweet LeAnne ~ I love your watercoloring :-) ((hugs))

jengd said...

Simple and cute- great coloring too! Glad you're feeling better. There's definitely some late winter/early spring cruds going around. Blarf.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

This is so cute and striking LeAnne and beautifully coloured.
What a fabulous seasonal image. You might also like to link up at AAA Cards as we are looking for similar cards there too. Thanks for playing along at LIM. Sarah x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a perfect little Easter card. Lovely coloring.

Lisa Elton said...

Oh how cute is that little chickie, sweet card LeAnne!! Speaking of sweet, love seeing Cassidy getting ready for Easter!

Margaret said...

what a cheerful little greeting!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well this is just as sweet as can be! Your watercoloring is superb!

Anne said...

Oh how cute! Perfect spring image and colouring!
Thanks so much for your entry
Anne
Less is More

Sid said...

Love your chick !

Karen M said...

Your card is adorable - love the cute chicken:) xx

Jane said...

Great colouring of the images and loving all the bright yellow - may it bring out the sunshine! Super twig tree too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Fabulous coloring job on this adorable image. Great CAS. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Chrissie said...

This is such a cutie LeAnne, I love the colours!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

laurie said...

Your water coloring is awesome..what a cute card! The Easter tree looks so fun...can't believe its coming so quickly!

Victoria Lavender said...

That's a wonderful Easter card and so warming to see you and your daughter preparing for the holiday. Thanks for playing AAA CAS Cards Challenge with us. Cheers, Victoria

Jill V said...

I adore this Easter card with the cute chick - and so beautifully water coloured!!! It is perfectly "Bare Naked" and I'm so glad you shared it for our challenge this week at AAA cards! Jill

Justine Hovey said...

I love this Easter card, it is so cute! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards Challenges! Justine