Wednesday, January 11, 2012

SSC237 Valentine Style

DSCF0533

A couple of little Valentine note cards are on stage today, using the Saturday Sketch Challenge 237 from Stamping 411:

I made these to showcase the new  Fashionable Hearts embosslits shown in the new Occasions Mini Catalog!  Here you go:

DSCF0538

They both feature a Regal Rose frame cut from a Labels Framelit, then embossed with the oval Designer Frame.  This one has been glittered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter:

DSCF0532

And this one has a sweet banner of Pretty in Pink satin ribbons:

DSCF0536

Here’s a closeup of each:

DSCF0534

DSCF0537

With one pass of the Big Shot, you’ve got a whole slew of pretty embossed hearts—lots of fun to play with!  I used Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo and Whisper White for the ones shown here!  Sentiments are from Teeny Tiny Wishes and Delightful Dozen.

Cassidy & Jessie

Here’s a photo of my niece Jessie and Cassidy over the holidays.  Jessie lives in SC and this was the first time she’d met her little cousin!

23 comments:

June Houck said...

These are so sweet! I especially like the banner "Be my Valentine", but they are both so pretty!

jengd said...

Cute! I REALLY like the one with the hearts all clustered at the top!

Hi, I'm Lee Conrey! said...

WOW!!! I love these! Now I have to get the little hearts....didn't think I needed them. Now I do. Great job Leanne!

Anonymous said...

Omigosh!! These are both to die for! I love the glitter on the oval frame--just the right touch of bling! Gorgeous cards!!

Cathymac said...

Love that sketch with all the texture and heart clusters, LeAnne! Both cards are gorgeous with that pink and white color combination!

Linda Callahan said...

I love these pinks together - these are beautiful! And that'a a great sketch - gotta get some time to play! And the girls match your Valentines :)

Rita W said...

Why oh why didn't I get that embosslit? I love those hearts! And genius idea to use the designer frames on those labels. I'm going to have to try that today! It looks awesome!

Linda said...

Jessie looks like your daughter. Great picture!
I love all the pretty hearts. Great cards!

Anonymous said...

Love how you've combined the framelets and the embossing folder. So cute.

Julia Aston said...

Your cards look like sweet sugar confections Leanne! Love all the pretty hearts in pink and white! Cassidy is getting so grown up!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Love them both. Love how you embossed the framelit - awesome idea!

Janine said...

Happy New Year Leanne!! Love these Valentine's cards!!

Patti said...

Great Valentine cards. I love the first one with all the hearts and the glitter.

gbarron56 said...

Both cards are very cute, Leanne -- love all the hearts! Thanks so much for playing along this week on Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

dpkennedy said...

I love all those embossed hearts! These are such sweet Valentines!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Pretty bunches of hearts! Both cards remind me of Conversation Hearts candies. :)

Selene Kempton said...

These are both wonderful! they are so happy, and just make me smile. :D

Sandie Conner said...

Just stunning! I love how you used the oval frame on the framelets lable, genius! All the pinks are so pretty, great job!

Unknown said...

Awww! These are really "valentine-y" too!! LOVE the glittery frame, that's gorgeous! :)

Marybeth said...

Beautiful granddaughter and beautiful Valentine card. Love those embossed hearts pretty in pink!

Patti Chesky said...

Love all those hearts!

Linda Fisher said...

Mouth watering cards, I can just taste those little candy hearts! lol Love both cards and admire your creativity with the framlits and designer label

Heidi said...

Oh my goodness!! I am LOVING these heart cards showcasing the new hearts die! I may have to CASE one of these for an upcoming event if you don't mind. So gorgeous!