Tuesday, January 24, 2012

ColourQ121

DSCF2125

It’s Tuesday, and that means ColourQ challenge day!  The soft hues that Arielle chose prompted me to go vintage today:

cqc121

I stamped this Crafty Secrets image with Memento brown ink on watercolor paper, and I wasn’t sure if I would be able to actually watercolor it without the ink bleeding….but it did pretty well:

CQC121-LeAnne

I loosely colored the image with the challenge colors, then cut it out with the Labels Framelit, matting it with another label diecut in RHR in the same size, just cutting it apart and adhering it to the top & bottom of the image.  I added some stamped elements along the edges as well as a real 1917 postmark from an envelope in my stash:

DSCF2122

I dyed some seam binding with Riding Hood Red ink and dried it in the microwave for my luxurious bow and added a little piece of lace from my stash.  The sentiment on the inside imitates that sweet vintage feel from the challenge photo:

DSCF2123

And the sketch is from a la Card Monkey this week:

which I just LOVE!  I will definitely be using this one again!  I hope you’ll play along with the ColourQ challenge colors---they are just beautiful and I can’t wait to see what you create!  You can see all the details as well as the other designers’ creations on the ColourQ blog!  And by the way, I have had a few requests for a tutorial on my little lip balm holder shown here, so I will be working on that in the next couple days!

DSCF2024

My little reader!

15 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Love your vintage card! You are right that it is the perfect colors for the image. Your coloring of the image is terrific. and I love the bow.

Betty Benton said...

Jaw dropping beautiful card -- love the collage!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hmmm, those colors seem tough! I like the postage bits and pieces you included on your card, and that you wrinkled them up for effect. Great touch! You have me thinking....

Cassidy looks so sweet reading. I LOVED that stage with my kids, when books were kind of a new thing for them.

Linda said...

Absolutely beautiful. The colors are so pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Linda D.

Linda Callahan said...

You do vintage so well! And there is all of that stamping stamping stamping in the background.......I am still studying :)

Lisa Elton said...

This is darling. It makes me think of a little french country girl for some reason! SO CUTE! And speaking of of cute; your little reader takes 1sr place ;)

Tina said...

so very elegant...beautiful thanks for sharing at just some lines

Tina
dt

Vicky Hayes said...

Such a pretty vintage-feel card LeAnne and I love the little verse inside.

Silke Ledlow said...

So beautiful LeAnne! The image is darling and you colored it so perfectly. Hugs ~S~

Terry said...

I really like the scraps and the added bits and pieces that add to the vintage feel of your card. Very nice! Thanks for playing along with our monkey card challenge this week.

Cyndie said...

Awwww, what a sweet image that is--and your coloring is masterly! Love those postal embellishments too.

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Beautiful Card this week LeAnne!! I love all the little details on it. I picked your Card as Monkey Princess this week on A La Card Monkey!!

Hugs
Shirley

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your creation is gorgeous!!! I love all of the little elements, and the Colour Q colors are just perfect with your vintage look. Congrats on your princess status. Well deserved!

Terry said...

All hail the Monkey Princess! Congrats on your lovely card, LeAnne.

Tracey McNeely said...

Such a pretty vintage card. Love the paper and the picture.