Tuesday, January 10, 2012

CQC119 & Monkey Challenge 90

DSCF0517

Hello peeps!  Another Tuesday, another ColourQ day!  Check out these colors that Arielle has gathered together for us:

cqc119

My mind was going in all kinds of directions thinking about this challenge, but when I saw the a la Card Monkey challenge and sketch, I went a different way.  Here is the sketch:

Monkey90 New to You-001

First of all, that little critter just cracks me up!  But second, I liked the sketch and third, the challenge was to use some “new” stuff.  I have been playing with the new SU dies, as you can tell, so I decided to continue to play with them and add a set that I’ve had for a while but hadn’t played with yet, Hand Knit:

CQC119-LeAnne

I used both Edgelits dies here, stamping the Going Gray panel with the Woodgrain background stamp.   My little lamb is stamped in Stazon and colored with markers.  I added some felt flowers die-cut from the Fun Flowers die and embellished each with a little French knot.  I belong to a knitting group (even though I don’t knit—I cross stitch!) and I am sure this will come in handy as someone is always needing a get-well or encouragement card!  Here’s a closer view:

DSCF0512

The little tag is from Tiny tags—a perfect compliment to this knitting-themed card, don’t you think?  I hope you’ll play along with us this week with these mod colors---you can find all the details along with the other DT samples on the ColourQ blog!!!  Happy stamping!

Here’s my little cookie monster; we have learned “up” and “down”!!  (BTW, if it looks like she only wears one outfit….it’s just because it’s cold at Grammie’s house and we always have to wear our sweater!!!):

 DSCF0520

DSCF0522

9 comments:

Carol L said...

The image and tiny tag on this card are adorable! What a darling, fun sentiment and those layered borders remind me of the sweet always dsp I used to love! Gorgeous!!

Tracey McNeely said...

What a sweet card. I love your orange flowers.

Terry said...

I love the woodgrain with the edgelit! And that Tiny Tag stamp is PERFECT with the lamb/knitting sentiment. Thanks for taking part in our A La Card Monkey challenge!

Chris Smith said...

What an adorable card! I really like the combination of the woodgrain and the edgelit. Thank you for the inspiration.

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

This is such an adorable card, such a cute image and your details are wonderful! TFS :)

Lucianna- A La Card Monkey GD

Lacie Root said...

I love the new edge dies and you have made them wonderful. I love your card

Lisa Elton said...

This card is simply adorable Leanne...pure delight!! That little sheep is the cutest darn thing. This is my first time to play along with the challenge! I'm looking forward to many more!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh yeah... your little one is ADORABLE!!! Love her static cling hairdo ;)

Marybeth said...

Your card and sentiment is just adorable, love the way you colored this one too. Again adorable GD with her blue eyes.