Thursday, January 12, 2012

Merry Monday Challenge #2

DSCF0539-1

Lesley has another great sketch for her Christmas card Merry Monday challenge #2:

I had gotten some beautiful Christmas papers last month but hadn’t had a chance to use them, so I pulled them out and went to work:

DSCF0540-1

I used a combination of Marina Mist and Sahara Sand to ink my image; I tapped the stamp first in my MM pad, then lightly tapped the SS pad over top, to give it a toned-down look:

DSCF0541

I also used Naturals Ivory cardstock to complement the vintage look of the designer papers.  Copic-colored pearls finished off my fairly CAS design! 

DSCF0549

Some days we have a “static” problem:

DSCF0573

Thanks for visiting today!  If you have any questions about any of the products, just shoot me an email!

13 comments:

jengd said...

This is a gorgeous card! I love the design- the large scallops at the bottom are a great base. The Marina Mist is such a great, unexpected color for it too, particularly with the pearl accents! Wonderful!

Denise Willerton said...

LeAnne ~ I love this card....2nd week of January and you're on your way with you Christmas stash...you amaze me my friend ~ have a wonderful day and give your gorgeous Cassidy a squish for me!

Frenchie said...

She's getting so pretty and beautiful !

Colleen Dietrich said...

Very lovely Christmas card, LeAnne! Speaking of papers we haven't gotten to use, I realized yesterday that I should NOT buy any more patterned papers until I've put a serious dent in what I own!

Cassidy is getting so much bigger, and of course is ever cute. :)

Lesley said...

Good morning! I was so happy to see you played along this week! Your card is wonderful as always, the soft tree image looks amazing with the two tones of ink. Today is a good day! Love that photo of static cling, sure made me laugh!
Hugs,
Lesley

Karen said...

she is the cutest, love those blue eyes

Anonymous said...

Lov the colours you've used for your gorgeous card. I don't think I've even looked at naturals ivory since I brought it two years ago! (better get it out) The blue pearls really highlight your lovely card

Carol L said...

Pretty Pretty, and that Jingle dp is one of my favorites! Miss C sure is growing up quickly!! Love her hair too (smile)

Unknown said...

Really really PRETTY, LeAnne! I love thse colors and the way you inked the image gave it a really cool, antique look. LOVE it!! :) **hugs**

Shelia said...

your card is beautiful and so is your granddaughter!! :-)

Jean McKenzie said...

Love your way of stamping the image to give it more of a vintage look. A really lovely card! Your little granddaughter is growing up - don't we just love them!!

Linda Fisher said...

Beautiful paper and color choices! Really cool tapping two inks together, beautiful blend with your paper. Cassidy, you hair looks like mine EVERY day in the winter! *smiles*

Kristin Moore said...

OMG, lovely lovely card! Great sketch and you rocked it!!