Saturday, January 14, 2012

Card Monkey #91

DSCF0575

Oh, those sweeties over at a la Card Monkey asked me to be one of their guest designers again!  Check out this fun sketch:

Monkey91 A Bundle of Love-001

I had mentioned that I wanted to use the sweet little girl from Greeting Card Kids for a Valentine’s card, so this was a perfect opportunity.  The sketch was simple, so it wouldn’t detract from the detailed image, and I’d have a chance to do some watercoloring:

Monkey 91

I stamped my little girl in Stazon on watercolor paper and used reinkers to color her in:

DSCF0577

I used a combination of Calypso Coral and Blushing Bride DPs for my background, and I used the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border punch to make a cute little cross-stitch embellishment (I am pretty sure my PP friend Ann showed me this!)

DSCF0576

I used the same watercolor paper to diecut a couple hearts from the Fashionable Hearts die along with a sentiment from Tiny Tags, stamped in Real Red.  This is really a simple card, but I just love how it turned out!  I hope you’ll play along with the Monkey girls…..check out their blog here and see what the other designers came up with!

DSCF0546

I think I might have to make a card with these colors and patterns!

11 comments:

Cathymac said...

What a sweet valentine card, LeAnne! Love the cross stitching on the border punch and the texture on the hearts! And speaking of sweet...look how that little munchkin, Cassidy, has grown! What a sweetie!

Karen McAlpine said...

Cute card and love the watercoloring. I use dots and stripes together on my cards a lot (re: outfit). LOL

Denise Willerton said...

love love love this LeAnne ~ your water colouring is always done so beautifully and I too love that little stamp set ~ Have a wonderful day and enjoy your weekend!

Cheryl M. said...

I see where you got inspiration for the way you watercolored the cute little face on your card :) I LOVE the color combo, that and Cassidy's pose make me think of spending the day baking good things.

Patti said...

Adorable card and granddaughter!!

Anonymous said...

You did a great job with the water coloring! I put some crystal effects on the heart last year and it made it really pop!

Linda said...

Ahh she is so sweet! Love the card and I have that set! Yea!!!

Shirley Pumpkin said...

Hey girl!!

Your watercoloring is PERFECT!! I love this little girl I think I have said before how this is my favorite stamp set. It is always great to have you with us as a Guest Designer, we love your stuff!!

Hugs
Shirley

Unknown said...

Ack! I LOVE this!! I love the Greeting Card Kids, I haven't pulled mine out in awhile, you have just inspired me! The stitching is so cute, and I love all the texture on the hearts:) Thanks for popping by my blog-and thanks for being a VERY kind and helpful friend earlier this week.... BIG hugs! :)

Linda Fisher said...

You're fantastic at watercoloring! I envy your every stroke!! Cassidy is GROWING UP!!!

Diane Vander Galien said...

So Cute!!! Love your watercoloring!! Love the pretty color combo and the great accents!!! Just Lovely!!!