Sunday, January 8, 2012

Paper Players 77

DSCF0494

Welcome back to the Paper Players challenge!  We hope you are well-rested and ready to play!  This week, our hostess Lesley has a theme challenge—All You Need is Love!

You can make any type of creation that represents “love” to you!  I chose to make a get-well card for a dear sister in Christ who has been a little under the weather.   She has shown me so much friendship and encouragement since we met online! 

PP77-LeAnne

The word “amour” is in the background, but it is probably difficult to see here!  But it was stamped with love, in colors that I love, and in a style that I love, and it will be sent with love!!!  And speaking of colors, I used the Pals Paper Arts colors this week of Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy and Very Vanilla, as well as the Fall to Layout from Clean & Simple:

FTL172

The background was created with several vintage images from Artistic Etchings, Fresh Vintage and Creative Elements, all stamped in Baja Breeze and NQN on watercolor paper.  Some crochet trim and Nesties added visual details as well as my little rhinestone!

 DSCF0502

The sentiment is from Teeny Tiny Wishes, and I repositioned the words using my Stamp-a-ma-Jig so that it would fit in the small oval punch.

DSCF0503

This card is already winging its way across the miles and I hope my friend enjoys it!  And I hope you will play along with our love-themed challenge this week!  Wing on over to the Paper Players blog to find out all the details.  We have changed things a tiny bit---the deadline for submissions is now Friday at noon!  Be sure to play!

These pictures of Cassidy with my little garden angel remind me of the passage in Genesis where Jacob wrestles with an angel!!!! 

 DSCF0474

DSCF0476

DSCF0478

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Penny said...

This is so pretty LeAnne, I love the colors! Thanks so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog. I have so much to learn. Will miss you at Alison's retreat at the end of the month. You should stop by and stamp with us for awhile!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful in blue - your stamping is always so beautifully layered! And it looks like Miss C is trying to figure out where she can get a lovely set of wings!

Denise Willerton said...

Happy Happy 2012 my dear! what a sweet card...and I'm hoping to play along this week!!! can't wait to spend time in my 'play room' ~ and darling Cassidy, oh my..does she ever look like her mom in that second shot. I don't normally see family resembles well, but every now & then I see it. Holding Owen the other day, I was struck when I had a moment and felt like I was holding Andy all over again. thanks for sharing your creativity with us ~ Have a blessed day LeAnne!

Debbie Henderson said...

I like how you turned this challenge into a "get well" challenge and your collage is gorgeous!

mikki said...

I look forward to pictures of
Cassidy as much as your cards- beautiful.

Anne Marie Hile said...

So very pretty, LeAnne! Love that collage-style background. I'm sure your card will lift your friend's spirits. Such sweet photos of little miss C, as well. I just love her mischievous gin! :)

ChristineCreations said...

That crochet lace is just the perfect touch on this card. Love your collage stamping!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, LeAnne! I love the "blues" and the randomly stamped background! I know your friend will appreciate the love you put into making it!

Lesley said...

As always, you have created a beautiful card in blue. The simple sketch and the collage stamping is indeed lovely.

Tara Bilbao said...

LeAnne, This card has so much detail yet is still so clean and crisp. I love how you packed so much detail into the stamped center of the card and yet let all the white space create a nice balance. Just fantastic as always.

Ahh, I see you have 2 angels in the garden. It is so precious to see Cassidy grow before our eyes in your posts. She is really so precious AND adorable.

Nance Leedy said...

LeAnne, you do collage stamping so beautifully my friend! This is absolutely gorgeous--the colors, the images, the layout...stunning!