Sunday, February 18, 2024

PP677 Friends

Happy Sunday, peeps! Hope your weekend is going along okay! Ann is our hostess at the Paper Players this week and her CAS theme is a fun one:

 

I pulled out a stamp from a set that I got a few years back from Rare Image Stamps, not even sure if they're still in business, but I love these detailed vintage images for clean-and-simple cards!  Here we go:


I stamped these friends on thick Very Vanilla cardstock using Stazon ink, then just watercolored them in!  Easy peasy!  No ruffles or frills at all for my clean-and-simple card!  The sentiment is from the retired Storybook Friends; I cut all the sentiments apart from their images, so I could get double use from them!  I added a simple birthday sentiment on the inside to finish it off! 


I am also entering this at the CAS on Sunday challenge, which is to make a card for a boy, as well as the Krafty Chicks challenge, which is also looking for CAS!

I hope you'll play along with our Paper Players challenge this week.  Sometimes clean-and-simple cards can be a challenge to make; we all love to add layers and embellishments, don't we?  But we hope you'll give it a try and share it with us at the PP blog!  Thanks for visiting today! Enjoy it and be blessed!


A sweet friendship refreshes the soul. Proverbs 27:9

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Storybook Friends (ret), Friends (Rare Image Stamps), Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Card stock & Papers     Thick Very Vanilla
 Ink Stazon, Azure Afternoon, Real Red, Pecan Pie, Mint Macaron (ret), Garden Green, Blushing Bride (ret)< Soft Sky (ret)
Accessories
Tools     Aquapainter

14 comments:

Vickie said...

Love this LeAnne…so sweet and pleasing to the eye. Sorry that stamp has retired. It spoke to me. You are getting into water coloring I see. I must do some more. it is most forgiving…

I Card Everyone said...

I adore these wonderful vintage images of yours, LeAnne - this one is no exception. It tells such a beautiful story of a boy and his best friend. LOve that little red sailboat and that you repeated the red for your simple sentiment!
Really a fabulous CAS card, my friend!
=]

Karen in Florida said...

What an adorable image!!! Great card, LeAnne!

Denise Willerton said...

oh such a sweet card!!! I love the vintage look of this card ~ serenity!!! Love Love Love ~ have a blessed day my friend

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a sweet image for your CAS card! Love it! Your watercoloring is always beautifully done!

Lisa Elton said...

I love this sweet pair of little friends! This is a darling CAS card, LeAnne!

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just love this sweet little scene and your precious friends. Your watercoloring is amazing! CAS perfection!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! Your card this week is clean and adorable. Your coloring is perfect. This is such a sweet image...I LOVE it. Thank you for rocking my CAS challenge. Have a wonderful week!

Kristin Sluhan said...

Oh LeAnne...this tugs at the heart strings!! These 2 are so adorable and your coloring of them is wonderful! If I had a son, I would love to receive this card... You did a wonderful job with us for the CAS on Friday challenge this week, we love seeing your work in our gallery and look forward to seeing more of it!
Kristin Sluhan
CAS on Friday DT

Helen said...

Beautifully done - such a sweet image.

Thanks for joining us at the Krafty Chicks Challenge.

Helen x
Guest Chick

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

You have a great collection of vintage stamps LeAnne and this one is a great example! Beautifully coloured and perfectly CAS too. It reminds me of an old children's book. Gorgeous!

Leanne said...

Wonderful card, love the stamp, and the coloring is great!

Thanks for playing our challenge this week at Krafty Chicks Challenge, happy crafting!

Leanne DT Member/KCC

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, CAS perfection. That image is delightful and evokes so many memories of visiting Millhouses Park when I was a kid. Beautifully colored, too.
hugs
jaydee

Linda Callahan said...

I love when you pull out these images - total sweetness!