Friday, February 2, 2024

BYSHC42 Christmas Begins with Love

Happy Friday, peeps! The Build Your Stash Holiday Cardmakers has lovely sketches for creating Christmas cards and I couldn't resist the one for this go-round:


I recently got some beautiful Mintay Christmas papers; being 6x6" square, it's often challenging to figure out a way to use them on a standard-sized card, but I was able to trim one of the pieces down, slicing it into 1 7/8" x 5" panels (although I do see that there are measurements on the sketch--duh), so here we go:


The artwork on these papers is stunning! I stamped a sentiment from the retired Shine Bright in Real Red, and added a little fussy-cut cardinal which are also included in the paper pad.  You can't see it very well, but there is also a glimmer snowflake tucked under the panel too:


Another sentiment from the set went on the inside of the Blushing Bride card, and I adhered a little strip of the other side of the paper at the bottom:


Good to build up my holiday card stash!  And since the Little Red Wagon challenge this week is looking for some "sugar", I'm entering it there as well....since all those little gingerbread goodies and that cup of hot cocoa certainly contain sugar!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Shine Bright (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Blushing Bride (ret), White Glimmer (ret), Merry Little Christmas (Mintay)
 Ink Real Red
Accessories Iridescent Gem (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layering Ovals Dies (ret), Stitched Shapes Dies (ret), Seasonal Tag Framelits (ret)

7 comments:

Wendy said...

LeAnne, these papers are so pretty and can I say that I love the cardinal & the little gingerbread man?! Wonderful sentiment and what a great layout, too! Love everything about it! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Oh, what delightful, pretty paper, LeAnne...and the cardinal!! Looks like he has eaten his fair share of seeds...so cute and fluffy. I like this design for the way it shows off your patterned paper. Have a blessed weekend.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful paper, LeAnne! It works perfectly with this sketch! Love the pop of color with the cardinal and red sentiment!

I Card Everyone said...

That paper couldn't be more beautiful, LeAnne! and in all my favorite colors for Christmas! Gorgeous card!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

This is the perfect sketch to showcase that beautiful paper! I love the colors also!

Lisa Elton said...

That little gingerbread man has stolen my heart! Very pretty, LeAnne!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great sketch to showcase that fabulous paper - so pretty!