Sunday, February 4, 2024

PP675 Love You

Happy Sunday, everyone!  It's Paper Players time, with Joanne as our lovely hostess and she has a lovely challlenge for us, very timely, too:


I chose to make a note-card sized card; I had this Berry Burst glimmer paper diecut heart floating around on my desk, getting in my way, for a couple of weeks, so I finally decided to put it to use for my card today!  Here we go:


Since playing around with the Adoring Hearts bundle, I've got LOTS of these Basic White embossed hearts floating around too, LOL!  I used an old SU Triple Heart punch to punch a third heart from Bubble Bath glimmer paper, then mounted them all on a piece of Berry Burst gingham paper.  The bottom portion of the notecard was also embossed with the Dotty Hearts embossing folder.  The sentiment is new-to-me, it's from Waffleflower, called Sentiment Additions...love it!


My final addition was some Sweet Sorbet glittery ribbon!  A nice change from red, although I love red hearts too!

I hope you'll find some inspiration from our challenge this week...I love that little puppy image on the mood board....SO cute, I hope someone will do something inspired by that sweet face!  Check out what the other designers did at the Paper Players and share yours too!

On Friday, I gave a little class at a local retirement community and we made two projects for Valentine's Day.  A new customer of mine is a resident and she is an experienced stamper (blessedly!!!) and she got all the details lined up for me and helped as my very able assistant as well!  I don't even have a photo of the projects we made because I gave them to her for helping me, although the card was very similar to the one featured here!   You can see them stamping the project below:



I learned a LOT about stamping with these older sweeties...they were very keen to make the projects but I need to remember that their fingers may not be as agile as mine!  But they were very patient, even when we made a few blunders, and are already wanting to do something next month!  I will say, my hands were covered with Berry Burst ink by the class was over, LOL!  But it was fun! And their facility is beautiful! Looking forward to stamping with them again soon!

Thanks so much for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sentiment Additions (Waffleflower)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Berry Burst Gingham, Berry Burst Glimmer, Bubble Bath Glimmer
 Ink Berry Burst
Accessories Sweet Sorbet Ribbon, Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Adoring Hearts Hybrid Die & Folder, Dotty Hearts Embossing Folder (ret), Stitched Be Mine Dies (ret), Sentiment Additions Dies (Waffleflower), Triple Heart Punch (ret)

14 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Firstly, I love the Berry Burst against the white for a fun and heart-filled love you card - so many sweet details. Your class looks like a lot of fun; I used to run a regular class at a home for the elderly and I can honestly say it was the most fulfilling class of any I ever held. The attendees were so appreciative and so full of stories. Hope you get to do it again soon!

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is a gorgeous card in all its simplicity. I LOVE the embossing folder. Sweet Sorbet is not my fave but the ribbon goes so well with the Berry Burst, which I adore. I commend you for taking on a group that large. I've done it with 15 with an able helper like you. However, I said, "never again". Bless you for being willing to do it again.

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I just LOVE this fabulous card! Your embossing folder is amazing and I love the gingham strip for the backdrop for these gorgeous hearts. The Berry Burst is such a pretty color! The little glimmer bow adds just the right detail! This card will make someone's day! Your class looks like a fun day for all these lovely ladies!

I Card Everyone said...

Yay! you found that set! Good for you! and how wonderful that you shared your love of card making with this lovely group of Seniors, LeAnne!
Loving all of your darling hearts and of course that berry burst gingham - surprised?
=]

Wendy said...

WOW, look at all those smiling, happy faces! That is pure joy, right there, LeAnne! I bet this is going to be a fun new class for you! Love the card you made for this week's challenge! So many hearts and they are in Berry Burst (be still my heart!!!)! I am loving this card and all the little doo dads on it! Great job! Thanks for sharing and enjoy the sunshine today! Happy Sunday! :)

Tracy Grauer said...

A lovely card indeed, LeAnne, and what fun to share your stamping with that group of ladies! There's a learning curve in all that we do but why not keep sharing and learning together!

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card! ~ Laurel

Lisa Elton said...

This is so cute! I like the variety of hearts, especially the embossed ones! How wonderful of you to share your talents with the seniors. I did a floral class a few years back. They are so fun to be with!

Cynthia Stevenson said...

I love all of the elements on this card LeAnne. It's lovely!

Linda Callahan said...

Sweet Valentine - love the embossing! And I would fit right in with your class!

Ann Schach said...

The Berry Burst absolutely "pop" against the white. I love the clean feel of this card and the gorgeous embossing. Your picture made me miss the days when I held classes. What fun!!!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love the gingham and that gorgeous frilly heart. I agree with Ann, the Berry Burst really does pop against the white.
Hugs
jaydee

Ida said...

Such a pretty card. Love the embossing folder. I may have to look that one up. The Berry Burst is such a pretty color. How fun to do this class at the retirement center. They look like they were having a lot of fun.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a lovely card, LeAnne! I love the different pos of texture and that glimmer heart is fabulous. Looks like a good time was had at your class! How fun!