Monday, February 12, 2024

Perennial Postage Valentine

Happy Monday, peeps! Hope you all had a good weekend and are recovering from the Super Bowl, LOL!  I don't care a whit about football but getting together with friends is always fun and if there's a surprise ending, that's always fun too! And the commercials!   I have to admit that the Kawasaki commercial was my favorite one of all!  Too funny!  But you didn't come here to talk football! I do have a Valentine to share using a template that was inspired by Cyndi Johnson (not sure if she has a blog) and since it's been received in the mail, I can share it now!  It uses some retired DSP, Adoring Hearts stamps, and the new Perennial Postage dies! Here we go:


This layout has endless possibilities, especially if you want to use up some scraps of DSP!  I simply diecut some of the pieces from last year's Hues of Happiness and stamped my sentiments on top:



I did add a little bit of Baker's Twine from the three-pack, and mounted everything on a Basic Black mat. I think that really makes these colors pop! Such a simple idea!

Our small group from church went on a couple's retreat at Sandy Cove, which is Christian retreat center not far from our home; it's actually where John & I first saw each other at a couples' retreat!  It is on Sandy Cove, obviously, which is on the North East River in North East, MD.  Unfortunately, it was cloudy all weekend (at least it didn't rain like last year!) but we still had fun, listened to some great speakers and ate lots of food!  And any time John is near the water, he's happy.  We used to sail down here when we had our sailboat!




We got a wee peek of the sun on Saturday evening:



Thanks for visiting today--enjoy it and be blessed!

Sandy Cove's motto is "Jesus Never Fails".  

 God never fails anyone. It is he who called you to belong to his Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. 

1 Corinthians 1:9

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Adoring Hearts
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Black, Hues of Happines DSP (ret)
 Ink Memento Black
Accessories Three-Pack Baker's Twin
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Perennial Postage Dies

5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Your gorgeous collage cut with those postage dies is fabulous, LeAnne! I Just love the roses and pinks to peaches!
Such a great photo of you and your sweetie - and I have to ask if you were inspired by that beautiful rug, or painting for a future card design?
=]

Bonnie said...

I wish the post office would make some stamps like this, LeAnne! Gorgeous!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, this is pretty! Love what you've done with the postage cuts and pretty flowers! Wonderful photo of you and John!

Kampin' Karen said...

I absolutely adore this design and colors! You are such a sharp dresser! You can take the man out of the Navy but never the Navy out of the man! The retreat place looks wonderful. I love the song "Firm Foundation" by Cody Carnes. Do you know the words?

laurie said...

Such a pretty card! Great pics too!