Saturday, February 17, 2024

Christmas Wisdom Tree

 Happy Saturday, everyone! I have another Christmas card to share today and it's for three challenges: the Color Throwdown challenge this week is red, white and kraft; the Jingle Belles want to see text, and the As You See It challenge has a recipe:




So here we go:


I began by diecutting the Wisdom Tree from Real Red cardstock, adhering a piece of adhesive sheet on the back.  This die is a bit fussy and I didn't want to try to glue everything down, so the adhesive sheet was helpful.  I adhered it to a piece of Crumb Cake that had been embossed with a Tim Holtz embossing folder that says "merry & bright', then put everything on a Basic White card base.  I suppose I should describe this as "over the top" again, what with that big gingham bow, but I wanted to get the "plaid" in there for the AYSI challenge and that's all I had, LOL. I finished it off with a red rhinestone on the star:


On the inside, I stamped a sentiment and tree image from Peaceful Pines; I love this effect:


Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Peaceful Pines (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Real Red, Adhesive Sheets
 Ink Crumb Cake, Real Red
Accessories Red Rhinestone, Gingham Ribbon recycled from a gift
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Wisdom Tree Die (Cottage Cutz), Merry & Bright EF (Tim Holtz)

12 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I absolutely adore this card. I'm going to try to CASE it using my mini alphabet dies. If it doesn't look good then I'll search for the Cottage Cutz. I know there's one out there at full price but I do like my bargains! Have a blessed weekend.

Kim S said...

What a beautiful combination of elements!! Right down to the inside sentiment with the tree.

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, you had me at that gorgeous gingham bow!! Never 'over the top' and adds such darling whimsy to this seriously adorable card!
=]
ps I'd love to know how you manage such a crisp cut with that 'fussy' die!

SmilynStef said...

Love the fabulous embossed text with your text-y tree ... a fabulous double whammy ... so very glad you shared with us at Jingle Belles.

Lisa Elton said...

What a delightful card! I love the sweet gingham ribbon teatment!

Celeste Goff said...

What a beautifully elegant card LeeAnne!

Heather Cooper said...

LeAnne, this Christmas card is just delightful! There is nothing I like better than the combo of Crumb Cake and bright red! And with the gingham, it takes that country combination to a new level of delight! That embossing is really cool! Thanks for cooking up our recipe at As You See It Challenges!

Jan Clothier said...

Your Christmas card has a lovely rustic feel to it. It's a clever use of the recipe elements too. But I just couldn't sit down to make a Christmas card already! Thanks for joining in with us at As You See It.

Tracyfp said...

Kinda gorgeous-especially love the gingham ribbon- just the perfect compliment

Deborah Wheeler said...

That's absolutely brilliant LeAnne! Your gorgeous bow lifts it to another level! Thanks for joining us at As You See It challenge

Jane Knudsen said...

Love this LeAnne! I want that embossing folder! Love that detail and using the plaid ribbon was a great idea! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

lauren bergold said...

Ooooooooh this is a beautiful card, not to mention being a fab combination of several challenges! I especially love the embossed text on the card paired with the word art sentiment! (& gorgeous inside as well!) So happy you could join our celebration of text at Jingle Belles! ♥