Friday, January 13, 2023

IB219 Mountains

Happy Friday, everyone!  I have another masculine card today---January just seems to be the month for them!  Laurel's Inspired By challenge is GORGEOUS...those big cables make me want to knit something...but I chose to use just the sketch for this particular card.  Here are the prompts:

I pulled out a couple of  Tim Holtz dies and went to work:


This is quite a change from my normal style of card, but I like the final result for a masculine birthday.  I created the mountains with Basic White, Basic Gray, Smoky Slate and Soft Stone (PTI) cardstocks; the trees are Mossy Meadow.  


I used some Smoky Slate DSP and some Tim Holtz letters for the "HB".  Words are from the Paper Studio.  Enamel dots were the final addition.  The inside will read "Mountains of blessings on your birthday!" 


 Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!

As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the Lord surrounds his people now and forevermore.  
Psalm 125:2

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Everyday Expressions (The Paper Studio)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray, Soft Stone (Papertrey), Smoky Slate DSP
 Ink Mossy Meadow
Accessories Enamel Dots (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Alpine Dies (Tim Holtz), Alphanumeric Upper Classic Alphabet Dies (Tim Holtz)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

This card is so cool, LeAnne! Love those diecut mountains and the design! Awesome masculine card!

~amy~ said...

LeAnne, I love how this turned out. Such a fantastic design.
Thanks for joining us at the Inspired by Challenge.

I Card Everyone said...

That knitting makes me want a cable knit sweater in just this very shade of coffee!
LeAnne, I love your card - it may be a change but OH does it fit you well! Loving all the shades of grey and how it gives the mountains such wonderful dimension! Fantastic!
=]

Anonymous said...

This is amazing! Thanks for playing at IB!

Vicky Hayes said...

I love this gorgeous masculine card LeAnne! The stylised mountains and trees are fabulous and I love your 'snowy' DSP. Your scripture verse today goes beautifully with it too - bet you were thinking about it all the time you were creating :) Thanks for reminding me about Inspired By. What a great prompt AND sketch - really want to join in now! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, the shades of gray paired with the white make those mountains pop right off this card! Just terrific, LeAnne!

Linda Callahan said...

Modern and stylish! Love the scene!

Silke Ledlow said...

LeAnne, this is an awesome take on the sketch...love this card! Thanks for playing :)