Saturday, January 7, 2023

52CCT Guest Designer Peace on Earth

Happy Saturday, stampers!  I was honored to be asked to be a GD for 52 Christmas Card Throwdown for this week! Here's the sketch they have featured for this challenge:


And here's my card using some of the beautiful papers from Studio Light's Sending Joy 6x6 pad:


I started with the starry sky background, then cut the horizontal panel and the wreath from another sheet.  I used some wooden diecuts from SU's Santa Express Memories and More pack for my sentiment and snowflake accent:  

I used some watered-down Lost Lagoon ink to color them with an Aquapainter, and although you can't see it, I coated them with Wink of Stella when the ink dried....it's lovely in real life!  And did you know you can gently separate the wooden diecuts?  It makes them less bulky on your card and you can get two for the price of one!  Just do it very carefully!


I hope you'll find time to play along with this month's Sketch Challenge at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown---it's never too soon to get started on your Christmas cards! Thanks for visiting today!

Cassidy and her friend Raven practicing some moves in their karate class!  They actually have staffs in their hands, but they're moving so quickly, you can barely see them!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!  

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps
Card stock & Papers     Sahara Sand, Sending Joy DSP (Studio Light)
 Ink Lost Lagoon
Accessories Santa Express Memories & More Card Pack (ret)
Tools     Aquapainter, Wink of Stella

15 comments:

AndrejaM said...

Beautiful card, Thanks for playing at 52CCT

I Card Everyone said...

Beautiful peaceful sky, and gorgeous Poinsettia wreath - congratulations on being a guest designer, LeAnne. Well-deserved my friend!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

Congrats on your GD gig. You did them proud!

Fabiola said...

cette carte est superbe LeAnne, merci d'être notre guest designer cette semaine et très belle nouvelle année a toi, biz

Valérie said...

This is an abolutely gorgeous card. I love the background and the wreath. Thank you for guest designing this week with us!

Kathy said...

Leanne, Your card is so gentle and soft. Love the way you fussy cut the paper wreath. It all comes together beautifully. Congratulations on submitting the winning card for the last challenge. You do lovely work! Smiles, Kathy 52 CCT design team.

*Vicki* said...

Such a beautiful card LeAnne! Love the poinsettia wreath and a great take with the sketch! Congrats on your Guest spot and Happy New Year friend!

Andreja said...

LeAnne, I like that you are our GDT at 52CCT this time ❤️
What a beautiful festive card you made :-)) I like how you take my sketch!

Tracy Grauer said...

Congrats on being a GD at 52CCT! I think you are the queen of Christmas cards! I need to get on this schedule to make one each week. LOL! Beautiful card! I love when the paper does the work...just gorgeous! And what a great sketch to use.

Bonnie said...

What a great use of patterned paper, LeAnne! Congratulations on your Guest Designer spot!

Wendy said...

Beautiful Christmas card, LeAnne! Love the soft colors and the pop of red from the poinsettia's! Getting a jump start on this year's cards is a great idea! Cool picture of Miss Cassidy! Here in Red Lion we have a big karate studio down at the square. Every time we go past it I always think of her!

Majda said...

Beautiful Christmas card.Love your poinsettia wreth :)
Thank you for joining the Christmas Card Throwdown as GD.
Majda DT

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... I am so thrilled you are the GD this week! Great card as always. I am excited to be on 52CCT... at least that is 52 guaranteed Christmas cards by the EOY! I had reached out to Nance about joining the Paper Players but you are guys are an amazingly rock solid team. I still can't thank you enough for taking a chance on me in 2018... I really enjoyed my year with you (despite the cancer diagnosis!). I learned what fun DTs really are... again thanks and so glad you are here!

Goga said...

Beautiful Christmas card,love the poinsettia wreath.
Thang jou for joining us sa guest at 52CCT. Goga

Lisa Elton said...

What a charming and perfectly lovely card! Congrats on guesting, LeAnne!