Thursday, January 19, 2023

Collage Sympathy

Happy Thursday, peeps.  Sadly, I needed a sympathy card this week and I felt the need to do some collage stamping, which I haven't done for a while!  I pulled out an Artistic Outpost stamp that hasn't seen very much ink, and some linen-printed CTMH paper and went to work:


The linen paper had a gray tone to it, so I randomly stamped all the background images from Birds of a Feather in Smoky Slate ink, then added the bird and the sentiment (Special Moments) in Versafine Onyx.  For fun, I added some Stitchery "bird tracks" along the edge in Smoky Slate and Basic Gray and a row of hearts diecut from Basic Black cardstock along the top.


It all went on a card base of Papertrey's Soft Stone cardstock.  I really wanted to add some ribbon or bling, but the recipient is kind of a plain-and-simple gal, so I left it as it was.  I added a Bible verse to the inside and it's ready to mail.  Thanks for popping in today..enjoy it and be blessed!


And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.  For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified.  Romans 8:28-30
 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Stitchery, Special Moments (ret), Birds of a Feather (Artistic Outpost)
Card stock & Papers     Basic Black, Soft Stone (Papertrey), Chelsea Gardens DSP (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Versafine Onyx, Smoky Slate, Basic Gray
Accessories
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Open Heart Dies (Close to My Heart)

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful sympathy card, LeAnne! You are so good at collage stamping and using colors that work well together. Love the bird image, too!

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, this is such a beautiful down-to-earth card. It's very comforting I think.

Bonnie said...

I LOVE this, LeAnne! Your collage stamping is perfect on the linen paper and that bird looks so at home! It's sad to have to do a sympathy card. Your friend will find comfort in this.

I Card Everyone said...

I know nothing about collage stamping - but I do know what I love - this card is exquisite, LeAnne!
=]

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

Love this card, LeAnne! You always make the best collage cards. Thanks for sharing!

sgreeniaus said...

Wow, what a great job. It really says it all. Peace, love, togetherness. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! I especially like the "bird tracks".

Lisa Elton said...

I haven't done collage stamping in a long time, you nailed it! A lovely way to send your sympathies!

Linda Callahan said...

Seriously you need to conduct classes in collage stamping....you are the master! I love love love this!

Lorraine said...

Your background is so soft and beautiful making it a wonderful sympathy card.