Tuesday, July 5, 2022

RRCB186 Sunshine & Laughter

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Doesn't it feel like Monday?  Yikes, I love long weekends but it does take a bit of adjustment to our schedules!  Well, we have a new Retro Rubber challenge for you, where we encourage you to dust off those older stamps and show them some love!  We have a sketch challenge for you (my favorites!) so here we go:


I love all the elements in this sketch!  I pulled out some older Unity stamps to create my summery card:


I stamped the image in Stazon on Thick Basic White cardstock and used reinkers and an aquapainter to color them in.  I matched up some DSP with the colors I used and happened to find a perfect sentiment in an old Hero Arts set I had, cutting it in two sections to make it fit:


I paper pieced the bathing suit too, and added some Wink of Stella but unfortunately you can't see it.  I went a little overboard with the inside; these Unity sentiments seemed fun and whimsical to add for a summer birthday:


And I am going to squeak this in just under the wire for the Seize the Birthday challenge of  summer activities!


I hope you'll be able to find some time amidst your own summer activities to play with our Retro Rubber challenge this week!  Remember to use stamps older than a year, and tell us the approximate age!  So happy you popped in today!

Wayne's family had a reunion over the weekend and they had a chance to meet Wayne's niece's new baby!  I think she was born the day after Ganae's passing, so she is a double blessing!  Cassidy was in heaven:



Dana got her baby fix too!


 Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps All Smiles (Unity, 2011), Sentiments O'Simple (Unity, approx 2011??), Sentiments CL342 (Hero Arts, 2015)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Poppy Parade, Retired DSPs in Balmy Blue, Pear Pizzazz and So Saffron
 Ink Stazon Black, Balmy Blue, Poppy Parade, Bumblebee, Granny Apple Green, Pacific Point, Sahara Sand
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stylish Shapes Dies, Layering Circles Dies, Aquapainter

12 comments:

Ashwini Rao said...

Love your choice of colors on this card and all the patterns as well. I even love the split sentment! A very fun depiction of 'Summer Activities'! Thank you very much for joining us at the Seize the Birthday challenge!

I Card Everyone said...

Didn't we just have a conversation about hanging out the laundry? OH, my goodness, LeAnne this is about the cutest stamp ever - it sings summertime!
LOve all the dsp layers, and the placement of that fun sentiment, too!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

Your card is so adorable, LeAnne, so bright and cheery! Your watercoloring always amazes me. You do a great job. That baby!!! So cute and adorable! Yes, your girls look quite happy getting their baby fix! Can never have too much baby time!

Heather said...

This is so fun, LeAnne! LOVE your beachy scene, perfect take on our sketch! I see so many adorable things from Unity - this is my favorite!

Jane Knudsen said...

What a scene that you set! Sunshine and beaches - a perfect combo! The papers are lovely and bright. I have never thought to use reinkers to color with! I am going to give that a try!

Lisa Elton said...

This is a whole lot of summer cuteness! Your delightful card and those smiles and yawns!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love the bright colours and summer vibes of this card - Cassidy and Dana look like they are enjoying their cuddles too!

Barbara said...

This is a great and fun card for the Seize the Birthday Summer Activities challenge. Glad that you entered.

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable…..and so is that Baby! I love Miss C’s smile!

kel said...

what is the name of that set i love it!

Vicky Hayes said...

I had to scroll back to tell you how much I love this bright card LeAnne! What a fun stamped image that is and your colours are perfect. Thanks so much for having me guest with you this challenge. Vicky x

Claire Grantham said...

LeAnn, this is a lot of fun, I love the little summer scene. I also love all the bright colours and pattern mixing. Cx