Thursday, July 7, 2022

GDP350 Double Take

Happy Thursday, everyone!  Hope your week is going well! I just love the sketch at Global Design Project this week, and I have been playing with the new Boughs of Holly DSP and had some fun making a couple of cards!  Here's the sketch:


And here are my creations:


The first one uses the plain red side of one of the poinsettia papers; I cut it with a Stitched Rectangle die, then embossed it with one of the Wintry embossing folders.  I then diecut one of the other poinsettias from the DSP pack with a Stylish Shapes dies, and added a head-embossed sentiment from Christmas to Remember:


The second one is similar; I used a smaller rectangle die, didn't emboss the front but diecut it with one of the dies from Labels Aglow and backed it with a square of So Saffron.  I added a diecut circle from the SAB DSP Rings of Love...these sort of look like poinsettias, don't they?  I added another sentiment from Christmas to Remember, then matted everything on an Evening Evergreen mat:


I used this sentiment from Brightest Glow for both cards' inside:


Some more for my stash!  Thanks so much for visiting today!

A few more little critters on Dana's patio and in the pool....this one was underneath the lazy susan on their umbrella table! I cannot figure out how it got there!


And just taking a little swim in the pool!!


Enjoy your day and be blessed!
 

First Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas to Remember, Brightest Glow
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Evening Evergreen, Boughs of Holly DSP
 Ink Craft White, Evening Evergreen
Accessories White Embossing Powder, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Wintry EF, Labels Aglow Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Heat Tool

Second Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas to Remember
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Evening Evergreen, So Saffron,  Boughs of Holly DSP, Rings of Love DSP
 Ink Soft Succulent
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Labels Aglow Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I love frogs but they are so messy! Love your cards too!!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne I never would have thought to emboss patterned paper - you've just shown me how beautiful it is! Just love that pine bough EF!
I certainly do see Poinsettias when I look at that ring of love paper.
Dana's little tree frog has made himself at home - love his reflection in the puddle under the table!
=]

Bonnie said...

An awesome use of designer paper, LeAnne! Two more beautiful Christmas cards!

Wendy said...

I love both of your Christmas cards, LeAnne! The DSP works beautifully on them! I remember when we had our pool we had all kinds of critters visit, even mallard ducks use to come early in the morning and swim! They too left messes behind!

Lisa Elton said...

Your poinsettia cards are marvelous, LeAnne! I love the pops of yellow in the second one!

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful cards!

Sally Y said...

These are Bea-U-tiful cards, LeAnne. So simply done, yet so elegant at the same time. I enjoy your blog very much. You have such wonderful, creative ideas.

Linda Callahan said...

These are so pretty! You are my hero for always getting a jump start on holiday cards!

Kim S said...

I love how you used the dsp! SO many fun details on both cards!

Nora Noll said...

These are GORGEOUS!!! I love how you used the paper poinsettia as the focal point. Beautiful cards.