Wednesday, July 13, 2022

AHSC481 Joy

Happy Wednesday, peeps! Hope your week is going well!  I have a little Christmas card to share using mostly retired products, but a couple of new sentiments too!  I am using the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge:

And here we go:


I will admit that I didn't have a definitive plan when I started this card; the two sentiments on the sketch threw me a wee bit, and I just started playing around with a few sets, dies and papers.  The wreath was from the retired Seasonal Swirls, and after diecutting it, I colored in the stars with a retired Gold Wink of Stella.  


The sentiment inside the wreath is from Merry Christmas to All (also retired), stamped in Delicata Gold ink; in hindsight, I should have just used my trusty Encore Gold, as the ink blurred some of the letters a wee bit.  The "joy" is from the new (and very pretty) Brightest Glow, as is the inside sentiment:


I added a little Linen Thread bow and a border embellishment of Crumb Cake and Brushed Gold, diecut with the retired Ornate Frames dies.  A little country, a little elegant, and another for my stash!  Thanks for popping in today!

A friend of mine is very active in a local grange, and she asked me to judge some of the craft and baking items from their last meeting.  What fun! There weren't a lot of entries, but I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what everyone made.  I believe most of these were adult entries, there may have been a couple of junior ones, but I do know that everything I tasted was delicous (but I forgot to take a picture of them!)!

There were several different categories of crafts; I will confess that plastic canvas is not really my style, but I had to admit that this turkey was pretty darn fabulous!  The detail and uniformity was amazing!


And look at the stitching on the back!  I would have liked to have taken this one home with me, LOL!


This sweet little candlewicked pillow with the crocheted edging was adorable!


And this one....cross stitch AND a pumpkin?  Yes, please!  So cute!


I'll share a few more things in the future!  Thanks for popping in today---enjoy it and be blessed!

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge but fools despise wisdom and instruction." Proverbs 1:7

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Brightest Glow, Merry Christmas to All (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Brushed Gold, Crumb Cake Gingham DSP (ret)
 Ink Crumb Cake, Delicata Gold (ret)
Accessories Linen Thread, Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Seasonal Swirls Dies (ret), Ornate Frames Dies (ret), Gold Wink of Stella (ret)

11 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Beautiful card! That turkey was awesome.

Tracy Grauer said...

Nice card and how fun to judge the baking and craft items!

I Card Everyone said...

We need a little of your adorable gingham at Christmas, LeAnne! Boy oh boy do I love this neutral dressed up a bit with gold!
Darling crafts!
=]

Bonnie said...

This sweet wreath is so pretty and the gingham background makes it even more special! What fun to judge these pretty crafts! Awesome!

pssmitty papercrafts said...

Very pretty! Love the gold on the stars!
Thanks for sharing with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.
Patty S, Design Team

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Cute card and I'm loving the crafty projects too - that turkey is fabulous!!

Dena J said...

How lovely, LeAnne! I love the neutrals and shine in your card. Thank you for playing along at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Nora Noll said...

What a gorgeous card. I love the gingham and the pretty wreath.

Lisa Elton said...

You had me with the gingham! This is delightful!

Brandi said...

Stunning and fabulous as always! I love your work! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Anna said...

You have been busy! I love the dainty stars and the wonderful background paper you used for your card. Thank you for joining us at the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Anna, AHSC Design Team
https://sparklywallflower.blogspot.com/