Wednesday, October 6, 2021

TCC161 If Friends Were Pumpkins

Happy Wednesday, peeps!  It's time for a new Card Concept challenge, where we describe our cardmaking process!  Here's our prompt from Julie today:


You could be inspired by the scene, the colors or the theme!  Anything goes! Just be sure to tell us your cardmaking style!  (See the blog if you need help figuring out what your "style" is!)  As usual, I went Clean-and-Layered...just can't seem to get past that, it must be my favorite!  I pulled out a hostess set from last year called Holiday Haul that barely got any ink, and here's what I came up with:


I started by making a mask and sponging some Seaside Spray on some Basic White cardstock to create a little sky!  I added leaves from Sparkle of the Season, then stamped and fussy-cut the truck and pumpkins separately and popped them up:


I found some fun plaid DSP that matched my colors pretty well, added a Balmy Blue mat, then stamped a sentiment from Pretty Pumpkins directly on the DSP:


I admit my truck wheels are not done very well, but I guess it adds to the "charm" of this simple card, LOL!  I hope you'll find some inspiration and come play with us!  The design team has done a fabulous job with their creations as well....stop by at The Card Concept and check them out as well!  Thanks for visiting today!

No, not a new pet....just a friendly one belonging to the owners of a local winery that the kids like to frequent!  Isn't he adorable?!  Cassidy loved playing with him! 


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."  Romans 15:13

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Pretty Pumpkins, Sparkle of the Season, Holiday Haul (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Balmy Blue, Fall Break DSP (Carta Bella)
 Ink Seaside Spray (ret), Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Crushed Curry, Pear Pizzazz, Memento Black
Accessories Dimensionals, 
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Acetate Sheet (for mask), Stamparatus, SU Markers, SU Blends

11 comments:

Julie Gearinger said...

LeAnne, this is such a darling card! Love the use of the hostess set with that fun plaid background (I have so many sets that have not seen ink at all as well :-))! Perfect feeling of a crisp, Autumn day! Hugs and I hope you have a blessed week, sweet friend!

Shawn Marie O'Connell said...

LeAnne!! I LOVE this little truck. Soooo stinkin' cute! I really like that you stamped the sentiment directly on the plaid. That dog is super cute and Cassidy's hair looks adorable piled up on her head like that. Have a great day!

Tracy Grauer said...

Such a cute card! I never got Holiday Haul but I think it is adorable! Your granddaughter is beautiful too! Such a cute doggie :)

I Card Everyone said...

I don't see one thing wrong with your wheels, LeAnne! What a gourd-geous load of pumpkins, and squash, it's carrying! That plaid is not only perfect, but such a great place to line up this wonderful sentiment, too!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little truck! I like the load of autumn goodies and the wonderful sentiment. This is adorable, LeAnne! That cute pup looks just like our neighbors dog, Bailey!

Wendy said...

Love it! This one really caught my eye with that pretty plaid paper and adorable truck with the pumpkins & gourds! Another amazing card, LeAnne! The picture of Miss Cassidy is adorable! Such a sweet girl & cute doggy!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Super cute! I was just wishing I had a red truck when I saw that challenge badge- then I saw your card and realise I have that stamp set too (if I can find it!!) Love the bright colours and the plaid too!

Lorraine said...

I love this little truck full of pumpkins. Makes a pretty fall card.

Linda Callahan said...

Oh that plaid~such a happy fall caard!

Celeste Goff said...

Love this gorgeous card and that truck full of pumpkins with scattered autumn leaves is amazing!

Michele K. Henderson said...

LeAnne, your little red pumpkin truck looks so darling! I love the big pile of pumpkins and all those bright fall colors! Amazing!
Take Care!
Michele