Sunday, October 24, 2021

PP564 Cherished Friend

Hi everyone!  It's time for another Paper Players challenge and I am the hostess today!  I've got a three-paneled sketch for you--no surprise there, I love things in threes!  Here it is:


I decided to take a break from fall, Halloween and Christmas and go back to some of those pretty DSPs that I've been neglecting!  I picked out three from the You're A Peach pack and went to work:


Each panel was diecut with a Stitched Rectangle die, and I adhered them on top of a Stitched Nested Label die that I cut in half so that it would kind of stretch to the edges of my card!!  The peach was fussy cut and adhered to a Tasteful Labels circular diecut:


I stamped a sentiment from Lovely You in Calypso Coral, then mounted it on an Old Olive DSP banner, and added some sequins for fun!  This went together pretty quickly....I let the paper do most of the work!  And just for fun, I made another card...this one features the neutral papers from Harvest Meadow and a watercolored bird from Free as a Bird:


I used a diecut from Ornate Frames and some Braided Trim as well as the Tasteful Textile embossing folder.  I flipped the sketch as well so my bird wouldn't be looking off into space!



I hope you'll be able to play with us at the Players this week with my sketch, and while you're there, check out what the rest of the Design Team created!  Thanks for popping in today!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Lovely You, Free as a Bird
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, You're A Peach DSP, Old Olive DSP, Sahara Sand, Harvest Meadow DSP, Watercolor Paper
 Ink Calypso Coral, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake
Accessories Dimensionals, Iridescent Sequins (ret), Braided Trim
Tools     Big Shot, Tasteful Labels Dies, Stitched Rectangle Dies, Nested Label Dies (ret), Aquapainter, Ornate Frames Dies

15 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Both so pretty, LeAnne - but you had me at neutrals today! And of course, the bird!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

I love your sweet peach card and your beautiful bird with the neutrals! This is a great sketch!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love them both. The peach one has such a gorgeous mixture of DSPs and the bright colors are fabulous. The bird one is more serene but still as beautiful.
hugs
jaydee

Nancy said...

Look at you...a Twofer! Both are terrific! The peach card is just perfect and the colors are so happy and then your neutral card...the bird steals the show! Awesome job this week with the sketch! Take care!

Bonnie said...

What a great layout and the peach papers are so pretty with the fussy cut peach on the scalloped circle! Love the sweet watercolor bird and neutral papers!

Denise Willerton said...

sweet cards times 2 LeAnne ~ beautifully done!!! I'm hoping to play along too, let's see how the weeks pans out! ((hugs))

Lisa Elton said...

Two lovely cards, LeAnne! Love the version with the neutrals!

Linda Callahan said...

These are so pretty - great way to showcase beautiful DSP too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love both of these LeAnne, especially the peachy one - so refreshing! Fab sketch this week!

Carol L said...

Pick a pair of pretty cards and you'll find them here! I love panels of three, and each one of these makes great use of some very pretty papers! I think I'm a bit partial to the 2nd one with those neutral colors but they're both awesome!

Kim S said...

It's a great sketch. I have two cards started with it but neither is going to get done in time to post. I love your two different looks with it! Peaches are also fabulous - but I love the bird on all of the neutrals. It's so elegant!

Ann Schach said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards, LeAnne! Both are fabulous, but I must say that I LOVE the one with the bird. I love the die cut behind him, and his coloring is awesome. Thank you so much for the wonderful sketch. I have added it to my arsenal of favorites. Have a wonderful weekend!

Amanda Mertz said...

Both cards are lovely! I like the use of the nested label on the edges of your first card and the neutrals and sweet bird are just perfection on your second! Thanks for a really great sketch this week; I know I'll be using it again! I need to use up some narrow strips of DSP! Have a great weekend!

Caro said...

Thank you for the great Sketch, I will be using it again.

Your card is gorgeous; I may have to rethink purchasing that DP if its still available. Which completely defeats my current goal of using up the massive amount of DP I already have! LOL


Thank you again,
Carolyn

Anne Marie Hile said...

This was a fabulous sketch LeAnne! Going into the "favorites file" for sure. Both of your cards are so pretty, too. Love the mix of patterns in the DSP, too.