Friday, October 8, 2021

DDC Happy Haunting

Happy Friday, peeps!  YAY!  The weekend is upon us!  I have a fun little card today; once I saw my friend Bonnie's card with this cute owl, I knew I had to have him for myself!  You can see her card here!  Here's what I did with it:


I started with a 4 1/4" square card base of Chocolate Chip, added some matching DSP, then stamped and embossed my little owl on some thin typewriter-style paper I found in my stash that had a sepia tint to it.  I diecut it with a stitched circle die, then added some shading to the whole thing in some Halloween colors.  I added a Crushed Curry diecut circle to the back to bring it just to 5 1/2" so it would still fit in a standard-size envelope:


Since I had a little embossing "overspray", I stamped a sentiment from a Graphic 45 Halloween set, fussy-cut it out and sponged some Crushed Curry ink on it as well:


Since the Double D Challenge currently is "Owls or Pumpkins", I am going to enter my little owl there!


So happy you popped in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Owl (Impression Obsession) Halloween (Graphic 45)
Card stock & Papers     Chocolate Chip (ret), Crushed Curry, This & That DSP (Echo Park), Typewriter Paper (misc)
 Ink Versamark, Early Espresso, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Accessories Dimensionals, Clear Embossing Powder
Tools     Big Shot, Stitched Circle Dies (Lil'Inker), Chevron Circle Dies (Sissix), Sponge Daubers, Blends, Stamparatus, Heat Tool

10 comments:

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my that owl is fabulous~gorgeous Halloween card!

Kampin' Karen said...

I do love IO stamps and your card! The colors are so you!!

Vickie said...

Love what you did with that owl. Very haunting.😜

Bonnie said...

So happy to enable you, my friend! Now I can CASE this fantastic card!

Diane said...

What a cool owl he is, I can see why you 'needed' him! Great card, thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

I Card Everyone said...

I adore that Owl - in fact I think Bonnie sent me a few stamped!! You've perched him perfectly in front of that spooky Harvest moon, LeAnne!
But WOW do I love that dsp! Scrumptious brown!
=]

Darlene said...

OMG this is such a cool creation LeAnne! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Owls and/or Pumpkins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh that owl... he is a special one and I love what you've done with him! Incredible autumn colors!

Kathy Krug said...

Great owl and perfect for the challenge. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog.
Kathy
DD DT

Lorraine said...

Absolutely love this!!!