Friday, February 29, 2008

You Can Do It



This card is a get-well card for a sweet lady in my church who just had BOTH knees replaced! God bless her! The challenge today at SCS was to only use one flower on your card. I was looking at the gallery and came across this
gorgeous card, so I shamelessly used her idea with my flower. Thanks, Imastampin! I used the large flower from the level 3 hostess set, Time Well Spent, and embossed it in white on cardstock vellum. I then colored in the flower on the back with markers. You can see I went out of the lines a little, oh well! I mounted it on Blush Blossom cardstock, a color I NEVER use! This card is 4 1/4" square, by the way. I then used my craft blade to cut through both layers and threaded through some Mellow Moss gingham ribbon. I used a My Favorite Things sentiment, added a little tiny rhinestone to the center of the flower. I mounted everything on my Mellow Moss card, and it is done! Off to work today! Thanks for looking!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Love the vellum cardstock. Maybe you could demo this on a card at one of our Barn meetings? Thanks for the great ideas!

Haylie said...

So pretty!

Tracy said...

What a great idea... you have a awesome blog.. very inspirational.

Maren said...

WOW! That vellum turned out fabulous! So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Love the Vellum, and that's something I rarely use these days...and the result is fabulous! Love the way you did the ribbon!

Debbie said...

Hi....

I saw your card on SCS so I had to visit your blog... I'm so in love with this card, so I'm going to attempt it right now!