Tuesday, February 19, 2008

At Peace with This Card


Unlike the previous card, this one came together quickly. I knew what I wanted to do, and everything worked well together. I needed a sympathy card, and it seems I always reach for this set because it is so versatile. I stamped both the butterfly and the sentiment on cardstock vellum in Stazon Black. I colored the butterfly on the back of the vellum with markers; the floral image is stamped on the confetti white piece that I layered under the vellum. I love the soft look the vellum gives the stamped image under it. I stamped the background of the card with the fern stamp, scalloped the edge and then set off the scallop with a strip of Basic Black. A white taffeta ribbon ties it together. I think the whole card has a subdued classic look to it.
Stamps: Touch of Nature, God's Blessings
Paper: Cardstock Vellum, Confetti White, Basic Black, Bordering Blue
Ink: Bordering Blue, Black Stazon
Acc: Markers, Taffeta Ribbon, Corner Rounder

2 comments:

Maren said...

So soft and pretty!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I love this! Gorgeous card!
Hugs and smiles