Thursday, February 28, 2008

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary & Thyme


Okay, this challenge title is a little stretch of the imagination! The SCS challenge today was to make a card that reminded you of a song, or had music in it...something like that. I was still struggling to do yesterday's challenge, so I just said "forget it" for today's!! But when I finished this, done in Sage Shadow, I thought maybe I could get away with it! Bear with me here!
I just got my Basic Grey Two Scoops and was salivating at this paper, so that's where I began. The image I had found on my table, stamped a couple days ago and never finished, so I added that. Then I remembered I was hoarding (again) the beautiful ribbon I just got from Papertrey, so I added that. I added some swirls in the background because I was trying out Beate's technique from yesterday as well!!! The whole thing is finished off with a little sentiment punched with the small oval & mounted on two squares, one of Blue Bayou and the other the BG DP. Maybe I'll add some glitter, but I gotta go make dinner! (that sort of rhymes!) TFL!
Stamps: Merci, All Holidays, Baroque Motifs
Paper: Sage Shadow, Confetti White, Blue Bayou, Basic Grey Two Scoops
Ink: Brown Stazon, Soft Sky, Sage Shadow, Certainly Celery, Craft White
Acc: Aquapainter, Small Oval Punch, Dimensional, Ribbon from Papertrey

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that color combination is fabulous... soft sky, blue bayou, sage shadow!! WOW!

Maren said...

So sweet! Love these colors!!

Julie said...

a really lovely card, love the colours you chose