Saturday, February 16, 2008

Sweet & Simple


I needed a quick thank-you card and I had this image already stamped & colored, so I just grabbed it and made it into a card. That's a good idea.....just have some images already stamped & ready to go, then if you need something in a hurry, you've got that part already done! I used Confetti White cardstock and mounted a smaller piece of Basic Grey's Figgy DP on top. It was rustic-looking and had the colors of dark green and a little red, which matched my image. I had stamped the image with Stazon on non-SU watercolor paper, then colored it with my trusty aquapainter (love that thing!) and ink from my stamp pads. This image is an old set called Country Collection----I got it at a yardsale for $1!!! Can you believe it? It is such a sweet little set, I wish SU would bring back this style---some of us still like this country look! I left a lot of white space around the image, and used a Cherished Memories Rub-on for the sentiment, then mounted it on Ruby Red, and then on the card. It was so easy to put the rub-on on the textured watercolor paper! Simple--my favorite! Hopefully I'll be able to do some more stamping today!

1 comment:

Maren said...

WOW! I love this coloring! Such beautiful colors!