Sunday, July 5, 2026

PP793 Theme from Ann

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Hope your July 4th celebrations are going well!  Ann is our hostess at the Paper Players this week and she has a fun theme:

It was serendipitous that I had made this card for John for Father's Day, but it fit the theme perfectly---and it is in patriotic colors to boot:


I recently got this cute little die from Cottage Cutz, so I cut it out in three colors, did a little snipping and gluing, then mounted it on an embossed circle I already had in my stash:


The sentiment is from Papertrey; I mounted everything on a red, white & blue plaid panel and it was done! 

I hope you'll find some inspiration with our challenge this week, and share some "lovely" cards with us at the Paper Players!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

 

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Tiny Treats Valentine (Papertrey)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel, Misc DSP
 Ink Night of Navy
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Big Shot, Dotted Circles Embossing Folder, Stylish Shapes Dies, Sailboat Dies (Cottage Cutz), Banner Dies (Pink & Main)

13 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, I love your patriotic card. The red, white and blue plaid is perfect for your background. This circle embossing folder is amazing. I love that you cut out the circle to showcase the boat. Such a sweet sentiment, too! I hope you have a great week, My Friend!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, LeAnne, such a perfect card for your husband! and SO fun! What a darling little boat!
=]

Linda Callahan said...

This is adorable!

Karen in Florida said...

I love, love your card!!! You know I'm all about the red, white & blue!! The plaid DSP with the ah-dor-able little boat is beyond sweet!!
I would buy that DSP in a second. I haven't bought from Cottage Cutz in a long time but, I may have to check them out again. Thanks for sharing!!!

Bonnie said...

This is the sweetest sailboat, LeAnne! Love these patriotic colors too!

Jan Clothier said...

Now that is just superb! Love the sentiment with the boat to go with it. The embossed circle is so cleverly done and it makes a great nautical backdrop. :-)

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I LIKE that little boat and I'll bet John did too! This is fantastic, LeAnne!

Karen Florida Finkle said...

Cute! I love the plaid and I'm sure John enjoyed receiving.

Ann Schach said...

What fabulous patriotic plaid, LeAnne! I absolutely LOVE this die cut sailboat. The embossed circle is a gorgeous backdrop for it. Thank you for making my challenge rock!

Christy Lynn said...

I am a sucker for a good plaid pattern, and this one gets bonus points with the stars! Love it. Also love the embossed circles behind your sailboat, they look like bubbles! Fun take on the challenge.

Stef Perry said...

The sailboat looks fabulous, especially mounted on that terrific embossed circle! Fabulous card, LeAnne, no doubt your husband loved it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Oh I do love a witty sentiment and this play on words with the cute sailboat is so fun! Paired with that fab paper it really does tick all the boxes - I hope John loved it too!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, I love all the texture and pattern you got into this fabulous card. That little sail boat stole my heart and all that texture from the circle is fabulous. As for the sentiment - it's a winner! I know that John will have loved this card
hugs
jaydee