Happy Tuesday, all! I have a Christmas card for you today, it fulfillls three challenges: CAS on Sunday wants flowers; Sunday Stamps has a sketch; and 52 Christmas Card Throwdown wants stenciling:
I will admit that there is only a wee bit of stenciling on my card, but it IS there! So here we go:
I wanted to use a poinsettia on my card, but in a non-traditional color! I already had this Blushing Bride scalloped piece diecut in my stash, so I pulled out some Barely Blush cardstock, which coordinates with it nicely, and diecut some poinsettia petals, along with the leaves (Soft Sea Foam) and a center (Lemon Lolly). I sponged the edges and crimped the petals (remember your CRIMPER?) before assembling on to the scalloped piece, on which I stenciled a few polka dots with an Echo Park stencil and a blending brush:
My outside sentiment was from Simon Says Stamp, stamped and diecut into a little banner tag:
And the inside sentiment is from Taylored Expressions. I don't use Very Vanilla too often, so it was a nice change from the white!
Thanks so much for popping in today! Enjoy your day and be blessed!
| Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified | |
| Stamps | Tiny Words Christmas (Simon Says Stamp), The Very Best Gift (Taylored Expressions) |
| Card stock & Papers | Very Vanilla, Barely Blush, Soft Sea Foam, Lemon Lolly, Blushing Bride (ret) |
| Ink | Barely Blush, Soft Sea Foam |
| Accessories | Dimensionals, Very Vanilla Twine (ret) |
| Tools | Big Shot, Poinsettia Die (Shady Lane Impressions), Small Tags Dies (Impression Obsession), Scalloped Contour Dies (ret), Blending Brushes, Baby Love Stencil (Echo Park), Crimper (ret) |
12 comments:
This is beautiful in those soft pastel colors, LeAnne! I just did a swap card using Barely Blush for my poinsettia and it turned out so nice! Love the design! It's funny you mentioned the crimper....I was just looking at mine sitting on my shelf Sunday collecting dust! LOL TFS and stay cool! :)
I love a pink poinsettia (of course!). I usually try to get one at the holidays. And of course I still have my crimper!! When you mentioned Taylored Expressions, I had the great fun of going to the studio in Iowa as my husband and I were driving west in June. What a marvelous place snd the folks were so lovely.
What a beautiful card!
You must know by now that I adore pink Poinsettias! This blushing bride is such a gorgeous shade of pink - hey, where IS my crimper??
=]
Very pretty with the pinks! Way to use your crimper! I never did get one. I love that inside sentiment...simple and sweet!
So, so pretty, LeAnne! I love a pink poinsettia - this is just gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing at Sunday Stamps!
I love this sweet shade of pink with the vanilla! Such a lovely card, LeAnne!
Beautiful!! Thanks for joining the fun and playing along with our HIP TO BE SQUARED challenge over at Sunday Stamps. You nailed our sketch with your "joy filled" Christmas card!!
Deb Horst, DT #SSC391
Beautiful Christmas flower...I missed that fact that this card was also for our challenge over at CAS on Friday...perfect!! We are so glad you joined the fun and played along with our FLOWER challenge!!
Deb Horst, DT #339
Pretty and lovely Chsitmas card in pink! A little bit of stenciling is still a stenciling! Thank you for playing along with our technique challege at 52CCT. Valentina DT
Danke für deine Teilnahme zur Technik-Challenge beim 52CCT.
ELFi *DT
Such a sweet Christmas creation. Wonderful combination of colors and design.
Hope to see you again in our new challenge as well :-)
Majda DT
Post a Comment