Sunday, September 29, 2024

PP709 Tic Tac Toe from Claire

Happy Sunday, peeps!  September has five Sundays, so that means the Paper Players get to have a Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, with Claire as our hostess!  Here's her board:


My original plan was the middle row across of orange, diecut and stencil, but I also managed to do the left column of leaves, orange, and monochromatic!  My friend Martha gave me a nice leafy stencil that I had never used, so I set it up on some Very Vanilla cardstock and gathered some Peach Pie, Pumpkin Pie and Cajun Craze inks and went to work:


After stenciling, I added some Itty Bitty Background dots, then ran it through the Cut & Emboss machine with a Subtle embossing folder.  My sentiment is from Unbounded Love; I stamped it on a piece of Very Vanilla in Cajun Craze, then used a Stitched Leaf die to cut it out:


I found some Very Vanilla thick baker's twine in my stash, so I added it to the panel, then popped everything up on top of a Cajun Craze card base.  I left  the inside blank, so I can use it for whatever occasion might arise.  I forgot how much I love orange hues....when I was a senior, I remember under my picture in the yearbook, my favorite color  was.....orange! And since this week at Just Us Girls, they want us to use stencils, so I am entering it there as well!

I hope you'll find something in Claire's grid to tickle your fancy, so you can play with us over at the Players!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Unbounded Love, Itty Bitty Backgrounds (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze
 Ink Peach Pie, Pumpkin Pie, Cajun Craze
Accessories Dimensionals, Thick Very Vanilla Twine (ret), Big Leaves Stencil (A Colorful Life Designs)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Stitched Leaves Dies (ret), Subtle Embossing Folder (ret), Blending Brush

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! Love, love, love these big leaves and the die cut sentiment is a wonderful match!

Kampin' Karen said...

I think when you started your craft you said orange was your favorite color. I LOVE orange next to purple and I love monochromatic cards. So, with that said, I guess you know how I feel about your creation. You have a blessed day too!

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, LeAnne! My favorite color in high school was ORANGE, too! I love your new stencil and can't get enough of leaves - what a wonderful gift!
Your card is gorgeous, and I love the sentiment on that little leaf!
=]