Sunday, September 8, 2024

PP706 Hey Chick!

Happy Sunday, all! It's time for a new Paper Players challenge and Elizabeth is our hostess!  She hit the ground running with this color challenge....I really had to put on my thinking cap for it!  I love the be challenged, though!  Here's the palette:


I had a couple of ideas in mind, but as I was going through my stamps, I came across this Taylored Expressions set and thought it would be ideal!  I pulled out the matching stencil and went to work! Here we go:


I just love these little chicks, don't you?  I blended Daffodil Delight in light and dark shades to create them, then added accents in Real Red and Memento Black.  I mounted everything on a Azure Afternoon card base and added a black and white gingham trim to hold my little "hey, chick" tag!  I thought about stamping something at the bottom section of the card, but as I was digging around through my drawers , I spied this one lonely piece of metallic mesh thingie from SU; I saved it from a long, long time ago!  I think it looks great here!   And on the inside:


Age is only a number, right? I know I feel like I am about 25 in my head, LOL!  I hope you'll play along with our fun color challenge!  Check out what the DT with them over at the Paper Players blog, then come play along too!  Thanks for visiting today, enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Hey Chick (ret), Just Checkin In (Taylored Expressions)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Azure Afternoon
 Ink Daffodil Delight, Real Red, Azure Afternoon, Pecan Pie, Versafine Black
Accessories Black & White Gingham Ribbon (ret), Dimensionals, Metallic Mesh (ret), Spring Chickens Stencil (Taylored Expressions)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Banner Die (Nellie Snellen), Blending Brushes

14 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this is so FUN! Those little chicks with their red feathers and cheeks are adorable. That mesh fringe is just perfect. Isn't it great when you find a treasure in your stash?? The black and white gingham and tag add so much detail! I hope you have a great week, MY Friend!

I Card Everyone said...

You aced that color combination, LeAnne! Your chicks are just as cute as can be and all your special elements work so well together - even the chicken wire!!
=]

Jan Clothier said...

I loved that chicken netting ... I might even still have some of it! It's just the perfect companion for these dear wee chicks. They took me right back to the hens we had when I was growing up on the farm. Such a great use of the colours, LeAnne.

Bonnie said...

These chicks are so fun, LeAnne! Love that "chicken wire"!

Linda Callahan said...

I just love these chicks! Adorable card!

Tracy Grauer said...

This is so cute! I love those colors and yes, age is just a number! 25 is a nice number.

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... I remember this T&E stencil set. I had no idea how absolutely adorable it is when stenciled. This is the perfect "Hello" and so wonderful for a friendly spring chicken.

Lisa Elton said...

Well this is just as cute as it can be! What a fun card, LeAnne!

Lorraine said...

That mesh couldn't be more perfect as chicken wire. Love those chickens. Wonderful job with those colors too.

Stef Perry said...

Those chickens make me smile and I love that you found that die cut element and was able to use it for chicken wire! Meant to be! The gingham ribbon and fun sentiments are terrific too. Fabulous card, LeAnne!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Genius - what a great way to use these colours LeAnne, those chickens are so fun! Love the addition of the chicken wire too and with the gingham ribbon gives your card a fab farmhouse feel!

Ann Schach said...

Oh, LeAnne! These little chicks are SO cute. The mesh panel and gingham ribbon are the perfect details. What a great way to showcase the primary colors! Have a wonderful week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Such a Fab card, LeAnne! What a fun stencil to work with. I was hunting for that mesh the other day...not sure where I tucked it. A perfect addition. Cheers, Jolanda

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, these silly chicks just make me smile. They are just everything! Oh... and I love the chicken wire on the base of the card - genius. Such a fun, bright and cheerful card. I just love it
hugs
jaydee