Sunday, September 15, 2024

PP707 CAS Nature

Happy Sunday, everyone!  Ann is our Paper Player's hostess today and it's CAS week!  Here's our theme:


That's a fun theme!  Lots of ideas popped into my head!  I was focused this week on making some Christmas cards for an upcoming class, so this one seemed to fit the bill:


I managed to do a plant AND an animal, LOL!  This is pretty simple...I had this scalloped piece already diecut in my stash, so I stamped and diecut the winter image using Boho Blue ink, then popped it up on top.  A retired Paper Pumpkin sentiment and a little glimmery gem were added:


I also added some Frost White shimmer paint under the trees; it looks odd in the photo, but it's pretty in real life!  I embossed a mat of Boho Blue with the Snow Fall embossing folder, added another Paper Pumpkin sentiment on the inside, and it was done!


The Design Team has some really fun samples for you to check out, too! Get some inspiration from them, then come share your Clean-and-Simple creations with us too!

Dana and Wayne's birthday gift to me this year (it was a big one) was a weekend trip to Cape May, NJ to go on two bird-watching trips!  We stayed in the cutest little cottage Air B&B:



It was adorable!!  All the amenities were perfect and the owners decorated it perfectly with lots of boat/sea/ocean pictures, but they weren't so "beachy" that you felt like you were in Florida (no offense to Floridians!).  A lot of the decor was vintage/retro (right up my alley) but everything was upscale and fresh!  Here's my bedroom (very comfy):


This was Dana's first foray into birdwatching and she did great!  We had two trips, both near the beach, but in different areas.  We didn't see many birds, but we heard several new ones and the guides were very helpful in identifying the sounds as well as the flora!  She even downloaded Merlin (a bird app I highly recommend) and heard a new bird last night while sitting on her deck!  (I think I have got her hooked!):




We were both pretty beat by the end of the day!  But it was a trip of a lifetime and I was so touched that Dana put a lot of time and effort researching something for us to do!  It was like a second vacation!  Thanks so much for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Wonderland (Close to My Heart), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Boho Blue
 Ink Boho Blue
Accessories Glitter Sequins, White Frost Shimmer Paint (ret), Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Snow Fall Embossing Folder, Stitched So Sweetly Dies (ret), Wonderland Dies (Close to My Heart)

12 comments:

Claire Broadwater said...

LeAnne, this card is gorgeous! I love that you used a plants and animals! I love this shade of blue. It is the perfect winter scene! The embossed background and scalloped panel add so much detail! Your trip looks amazing! What a fabulous gift! My son did his Coast Guard basic training in Cape May. Such a lovely place. SO happy for you! Have a great week!

Wendy said...

What a pretty Christmas card for this week's challenge! I love the BoHo Blue color! Looks like you girls had the best time on your little weekend get away! I've never been much of a bird person but have learned alot thru you and all your bird postings over the years! Your Air B&B looks awesome, too!

Kampin' Karen said...

Love the blue and the simplicity. I think I missed your big day this year but glad Dana didn't! What a wonderful gift. I have Merlin on my phone and use it quite often with having the hay field in my back yard. Thanks for sharing your joy...it is written all over your face :-)

Bonnie said...

A pretty Christmas card and a fantastic mother/daughter trip!

I Card Everyone said...

LeAnne, your class is going to love their assignment - it is so pretty!
You tell Dana that I think she deserves the daughter of the year award in the most thoughtful and generous categories!
=]

Tracy Grauer said...

What a wonderful card and Christmas to boot! Oh! What a fabulous trip you had with Dana! Sweet memories for sure!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... your birdwatching trip sounds delightful. I have to be honest, I can't believe the number of new birds I have encountered since moving to Florida. Totally different than Connecticut. BTW... also love your lovely blue card!

Denise Willerton said...

Such a wonderful card LeAnne and beautiful gift 💕😊

Linda Callahan said...

This card is fabulous - so gorgeous in blue! And what a birthday gift! Perfect!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

So pretty LeAnne - I love this shade of blue for a wintery Christmas card! I love the addition of the Wink of Stella for some icy sparkle. Gorgeous! Your bird watching weekend is such a perfect gift for you - what a wonderful way for you and Dana to spend some quality time together too.

Lisa Elton said...

What a pretty and charming card! Your class will enjoy this one. Dana gets an A+ for this amazing gift!

Jan Clothier said...

This card is just so pretty! Blue and white - a classic for good reason, The wee cottage is just adorable! It looks and feels like a home away from home. I hope you had an absolutely fabulous time for your birthday.