Tuesday, September 17, 2024

Thankful Pumpkins


Happy Tuesday, peeps! I spent a wee bit of time in my craft room this morning and decided to make a fall-themed card for two challenges: As You See It has a nice sketch, and Hand-Stamped Sentiments has a lovely fall mood board:




I have been saving this pumpkin paper (well, hoarding it, really) for a long time, so I decided to finally break it out:


This is a larger card, 7.25" x 4.25", because I wanted to make sure I got all those pumpkins on it!  The papers are all from Recollections, called Thankful Heart.  I stamped the "thankful" in Mossy Meadow on some of the striped paper and matted it with a scalloped mat:


The floral image is from the same papers, diecut and matted with a Pistachio Pudding scalloped mat:


And although it's hard to see, I did add some speckled stamping around the pumpkins in Basic Beige, and added some Mossy Meadow twine and a few neutral sequins.  The inside is a sentiment from Simply Stamped, and I fussy-cut another pumpkin to add to the bottom. The vine stamp is from Close to My Heart:

I think this will make a nice Thanksgiving card!  

It's Solanco Fair week, so I am off to put in a blanket that Dana crocheted as well as a small cross stitch project that I did.  I did several projects this past year....getting them framed was another story!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Wishes, Blessed (Paper Sweeties), Farmhouse Scriptural Quotes (Stamp Simply), Autumn Blessings (Close to My Heart)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Mossy Meadow, Pistachio Pudding (ret), Thankful Heart (Recollections)
 Ink Mossy Meadow, Basic Beige, Pistachio Pudding
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Mossy Meadow Twine (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Scalloped Contours Dies (ret), Layering Circles Dies (ret)

6 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Oh, LeAnne, I totally get it! I adore the water-colored look of those darling images! What a wonderful card!
=]

Heather said...

Wow, LeAnne, LOVE that pumpkin paper - so glad you got it out for us! Totally beautiful card, love those translucent images so much! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It AND Hand Stamped Sentiments!

Bonnie said...

I would probably still be hoarding this paper, LeAnne! It's so pretty and I love how you've used it! Perfect for this sketch, my friend! Good luck on your projects at the fair.

Jan Clothier said...

I love that watercoloured look that's going on with the papers - pumpkins as they've never been seen before! Once again, the scope of your DSP stash astonishes me. Thank you for joining in with us again at As You See It.

Lisa Elton said...

You know, I think I might have a piece of that same paper hoarded too! Your pretty card has inspired me to dig it out and put it to use!

Stampin Expressions said...

What a beautiful card! I would have hoarded this paper as well! I love the watercolor images and they go perfectly with the inspiration board. The sentiment inside is lovely! Thanks for sharing your card and joining the hand stamped sentiments challenge!