Friday, September 20, 2024

FMS654 Peaceful Pines

Yay!  It's Friday!  My sweet friend Jen at Freshly Made Sketches has a fun sketch this week:

Normally I try to think outside the box with sketches, but this one just screamed "trees" so I went in search of a die that I got last year but I don't know that I ever used it!  So here we go:


I began with a Soft Succulent card base, then I diecut my Memory Box trees in Evening Evergreen and Thick Basic White cardstocks; I added an Adhesive sheet to the back of the white to make it easier to adhere.  I found some pretty "tree" paper from Tidings of Christmas in my retired stash, but it was too busy with the diecuts, so I added a layer of vellum to soften it.  Here's what it looks like under the vellum:


I adhered my trees to the vellum, added a silver sequin:


And added a couple of horizontal panels, one another piece of the Tidings of Christmas under the vellum, and Basic White on top.  The sentiment is from Impression Obsession, stamped in Evening Evergreen:


The die actually cuts three trees, so I adhered the last one to the inside, along with a sentiment from Flonzcraft, a company from New Zealand:

So happy you visited today!  Enjoy your day and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Christmas Words (Impression Obsession), Vintage Christmas (Flonzcraft)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Basic White, Adhesive Sheet,  Evening Evergreen (ret), Soft Succulent (ret), Tidings of Christmas DSP (ret), Vellum (ret)
 Ink Evening Evergreen
Accessories Silver Sequins (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layered Narrow Pines Dies (Memory Box)

No comments: