Tuesday, July 30, 2024

RRCB236 Sparkle of the Season

Happy Tuesday, peeps! Wow, my last few days have been quite a whirlwind...my family really stepped up to the plate to celebrate my big day!  I'll share more in the coming days, along with some of the gorgeous cards I received!  First, I managed to get back into my stamping routine today with a fun little slimline card using the RetroRubber sketch challenge:


And here we go:


I've had this Papertrey die for a long time and never used it, because it is pretty large! But it works for a longer slimline card!  I diecut it from Thick Very Vanilla cardstock and adhered it to a plaid piece of DSP from SU (although I can't remember the name of it!).  I then stamped some images from Sparkle of the Season (2021) and arranged them along an embossed panel of more Very Vanilla.  I added some "berries" for fun!


An inside sentiment from the same set, stamped in Cherry Cobbler, finished it off!


I feel like I didn't get to use this set enough when it came out, so I was happy to use it again!

For the start of my birthday celebration, my brother took us out to the really fancy restaurant at Longwood Gardens, where we sat on the covered terrace and had an amazing meal!  Since my brother works at Longwood, although NOT in the restaurant, he rubs shoulders with a lot of them, so we got extra-special treatment, along with a really yummy birthday cupcake:


It was delicious! And there was a little piece of chocolate that said "Happy Birthday" on the plate with it....yummy, too!  I'll share some more later!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Sparkle of the Season (ret, 2021)
Card stock & Papers     Thick Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Plaid (SU, unknown)
 Ink Pecan Pie, Garden Green, Cherry Cobbler
Accessories Mini Dimensionals, Enamel Dots (W+9)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Seasonal Swirls Dies (ret), Fun Patterns EF, Merry Christmas Die (Papertrey Ink)

10 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

You are a beautiful birthday girl! I haven't made a slimline card since my Godson's birthday card. I do like that yours is Christmas and who doesn't love plaid paper.

Heather said...

Just beautiful, LeAnne - love that paper, and those tiny pinecones are perfect! And what a great birthday cupcake! Congrats! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

Lisa Elton said...

Love the traditional plaid and those teeny pine cones, this is pretty! What a special treat your brother gave you. Sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate your birthday. And just look at that pretty cupcake!

Bonnie said...

Love this plaid and the die cut Merry Christmas! They go together so well! Enjoy the rest of your birthday celebrations!

Linda Callahan said...

Looks like a fun birthday outing! Sweet holidaycard!

I Card Everyone said...

As sad as I am that I'm getting this post in my inbox a day late, I'm sure glad I didn't miss it all together, LeAnne! I do love a slimline landscape card - look at all the real estate you had to cover in this fun plaid! It was meant for that great big Merry Christmas and darling little cones and holly!
I'm so glad you were celebrated in style!
=]

Wendy said...

Such a pretty Christmas card! Love the plaid paper and the style! The diecut sentiment is perfect as is the greens & pinecones! Well done on the sketch! Looks like you had a wonderful birthday! Great picture, too!

Neva Cole said...

Such a great use of the sketch at Retro Rubber. The textured panel and cute little embelishments are great for this large sentiment! Thank you for playing along with us!

creative lady said...

Love your Christmas card! Thanks for playing with Retro Rubber Challenge blog.

Claire Grantham said...

Happy Birthday! Love your card, great way to use the format, I really like the little acorns. Thanks for joining us at RR LeAnne. Cx