Thursday, July 4, 2024

FMS643 Land That I Love

 Happy 4th of July! We have a lazy day and I'm having trouble getting started today!  The FMS sketch from Linda was a fun one to use for a patriotic theme!


I pulled out a couple of patriotic stamps and here's what I came up with:


I stamped one image from SU's retired Star-Spangled Banner in each color of Real Red and Blueberry Bushel, then did some paper piecing for my center panel.  I diecut it with a Perennial Postage die, although I did have to run it through two times to get the shape I wanted!  I added some diecut stars behind the image:


The sentiment was from a really old set from Mark's Finest, called American Made; it was diecut and I added some Bitty Banner diecuts behind it:


Another image and sentiment from Mark's Finest went on the inside:

And since the Time Out Challenge is featuring stars this week, I'm entering it there as well!

Happy Independence Day!  And here's a funny photo for you, totally not related to the 4th of July, sent to me by my sister in South Carolina:

I could use some of those pencils while doing my crossword puzzles every day!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed! 


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Star-Spangled Banner (ret), American Made (Mark's Finest)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Real Red, Blueberry Bushel
 Ink Real Red, Blueberry Bushel
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Perennial Postage Dies, Stitched Star Dies (Paper Rose), Bitty Banners Dies (ret), Banner Die (Nellie Snellen), Star Embossing Folder (ret)

8 comments:

Wendy said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne! I have that stamp set and have never inked it up! I love how you did it with 2 different inks! Very patriotic! It's a lazy day here as well. Shawn is working and here I sit at almost 11am still in my pj's! Happy 4th!

Karen in Florida said...

You have some really nice patriotic stamps!!
Thanks for sharing!
Happy July 4th!

Carol L said...

I love the fresh red, white. and blue patriotic colors along with the embossed stars and other added elements! I LOVE the image that went inside too and have never seen that one before. Giggling over the Pencilvania meme- that's a good one! Have a festive and fun July 4th!

Linda Callahan said...

Perfect card for the Fourth! Love it! Lazy day here too - headed to the lake for dinner. And the Pencil-vania picture made me laugh!

Kampin' Karen said...

Happt 4th! Loved the patriotic card and the pencil photo.

Bonnie said...

Happy Independence Day in Pencil-vania! Lazy days are nice and a good way to celebrate a holiday. Love the card, BTW.

Tracy Grauer said...

I love that stamp you used for your focal point and how you inked it in the two colors and pieced it together! Wow! Hope your 4th continued to be relaxing.

I Card Everyone said...

Happy 5th, too, LeAnne! LOve your stamp and that song!
=]