Sunday, July 28, 2024

PP700 Happy Summer Dreams

Happy Sunday, stamping friends! Wow, it's a special day---our Paper Players challenge is celebrating 700 challenges!  Not only that, but it's also MY birthday, I am the hostess, and that 700 challenge....well, that might give you a wee clue as to the birthday that I'm celebrating, LOL!  I have a sketch for you to celebrate all those occasions...check it out:


I knew right away I wanted to use Seaside Wishes for the sketch! I pulled out some of my hoarded Soft Sky paper and ink and paired it with some blue glimmer paper and Basic Beige cardstock.  Here we go:


I embossed the larger sand dollar with the matching embossing folder, then mounted it on the Basic Beige panel which was embossed with the upcoming Birch Wood EF.  I put the panel in sideways so the design was horizontal....it looked like the little rivulets in the sand at the beach!  


I created a fun sentiment from the words in Choose Happy, stamping them in Pool Party ink.  I diecut them with a Nellie Snellen stitched die.  The final addition was some pretty little sequins from my stash...oh, and I did add some wink of stella for fun!


I hope you'll play along with our very special 700th challenge at the Paper Players this week!  Be sure to check out what the DT created...such fun creations...then share yours with us too!  Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Seaside Wishes, Choose Happy
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Basic Beige, Soft Sky (ret), Blue Glimmer Paper (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Pool Party, Basic Beige, Soft Sky (ret)
Accessories Dimensionals, Sequins from my stash
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Birch Wood Embossing Folder, Seaside Wishes Hybrid Folder & Dies, Stitched Banner Die (Nellie Snellen)

22 comments:

Claire said...

Happy birthday LeAnne - hope you are doing something nice to celebrate as it sounds like it's a special one! Loving these pretty colours together...they match your blog perfectly!

Wendy said...

This is gorgeous, LeAnne! Love the soft colors and the beautiful embossed panel! Great job on today's special challenge and wishing you a special day as well....Happy Birthday!!

I Card Everyone said...

Yay!! Your birthday is FINALLY here! Happy birthday!
I sure do love how you've captured your fun Sketch with more of these under-the-sea treasures, LeAnne - these soft colors are wonderful!
Enjoy every single second of your day today, my friend!
=]

Bonnie said...

I love these colors and I'm still hoarding a bit of that Soft Sky paper too! I love these dimensions sea treasures!

Bonnie said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday, my friend!

Tracy Grauer said...

Happy Birthday! Your card is beautiful! I love the sketch you chose and kudos to the Paper Players 700th challenge!

ebethk said...

Happy, happy Birthday!!! I'm not far behind you (next year...big year).
Your card is GORGEOUS and I'm going to outright CASE it for some
of my beachy friends' birthdays. I also hoarded some Soft Sky and it looks
stunning paired with the Beige (which I haven't gotten yet).
Thanks for this lovely card and sketch snd have a wonderful day!

Karen in Florida said...

Beautiful card, LeAnne!! I love the colors you chose. (I used MY hoarded Soft Sky cs just yesterday!! HONEST!) Great minds and all....
Your combination of glitter, wink of stella, the arrangement of your images and the soft colors combined for a very pretty card.
Thanks for sharing!
And, Happy Birthday to yooooouuuu!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... love the bit of glitter amongst those fab shells!

Lisa Elton said...

Fabulous card from a fabulous sketch and wishing you, my sweet friend a FABULOUS birthday!!

JoAnn said...

Your card is so pretty LeAnne. Love the colors. Great sketch too.
A very Happy & Blessed Birthday to you.

Jeanne H said...

A very lovely card and Happy, Happy Birthday.

Jan Clothier said...

WOW! This is just fantastic! I love how you have interpreted the sketch. The sand dollar is a scene stealer for sure. I just don't think I can resist this set very much longer.

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, I am not ashamed of the gospel BUT I am ashamed that I did not remember to send you a card! I have you marked down as 7/28 but didn't look at my calendar. I do hope you had a very happy one. In any event, your card is beautiful. I think I have some Soft Sky somewhere in the mess of trying to re-invent my card making/storage area. It's only part of a very small bedroom that is shared with a full size pinball machine and BIG twin bed that I cannot move! My work table is a wooden TV tray!! Woe is me!! I was spoiled by my room in FL. Have a blessed day.

Stef Perry said...

First of all, happy belated birthday LeAnne! I hope it was special in every way!

Your card is pretty special, with the ocean vibe and soft colors. What a wonderful sand dollar and your clever riplets in the sand from the Birchwood ef make that background. Beautiful card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Happy, happy birthday LeAnne - I am sorry my wishes are belated, I hope you celebrated in style! Your sand dollar card is so calm and serene and perfect for the sketch - great use of the new EF too. Love the hint of Soft Sky glimmer paper too!

Linda Callahan said...

Your card is gorgeous - and wow 700! That's a lot of cards! Cheers to another year!

Kim S said...

What a gorgeous mix of stamps, dies, glitter and texture!!

Claire Broadwater said...

HAPPY, HAPPY Birthday Dear LeAnne! I hope you keep celebrating! I love this gorgeous beach scene. The colors are perfect and the embossing adds so much texture! I LOVE IT!

Jaydee said...

LeAnne, a happy belated birthday and I am so glad you got to extend the celebration! What a gorgeous card. I love the soft, subtle colors and all that texture in the background is fabulous. I hope you have a wonderful year
hugs
jaydee

Ann Schach said...

Happy, happy belated birthday, LeAnne! I hope your day was fabulous! And speaking of fabulous, your card is gorgeous. You have inspired me to use this stamp set more. Thank you for the fun sketch. Have a wonderful weekend!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

A superb card, LeAnne. This set was not on my radar, but too many lovely cards have been made with it so, I now have it. The Birch 3D EF is a fabulous backdrop for your collection of Shells. Cheers, Jolanda