Tuesday, July 2, 2024

Copper Stenciled Roses

Happy Tuesday, everyone!  Still playing with the Layers of Beauty bundle and since the JUGS challenge this week is stenciling, I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring!

Inkspirational is also looking for stencils:


And I am also playing along with my old friends as Tic-Tac-Toe; I chose to use the elements from the left column:


I haven't done any heat embossing for a long time, so I pulled out my copper embossing powder, my Versamark ink pad and went to work:


It's fun to experiment with different colors on these roses; to go with the copper embossing, I chose Peach Pie, Copper Clay, Cajun Craze, Soft Sea Foam and Old Olive.  Even though we're in the midst of summer, I still enjoy these fall hues!  


I also heat-embossed a couple of sentiments from Unbounded Love and diecut them with the matching die, then everything got mounted on a panel of Basic White that was embossed with the Distressed Tile embossing folder and diecut with the Perennial Postage dies.  Around the edges of my Basic Beige card, since I already had my Versamark pad out, I stamped the smaller floral image from the same set; it gives a lovely tone-on-tone effect that doesn't detract from the main design.  I also added a Neutral sequin in copper as well!  You just cannot go wrong with this stamp, stencil and die bundle!    

Cassidy had a friend over last weekend and although our weather has been HOT, that particular evening it was quite chilly.  Wayne had set up a TV to watch on the patio, and the girls wanted to watch a spooky movie:


Sweatshirts, blankets, two bowls of popcorn and two DOGS to keep them warm!  Looks like fun! Thanks for popping in today--enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Layers Of Beauty, Unbounded Love
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Thick Basic White, Basic Beige
 Ink Versamark, Peach Pie, Copper Clay, Cajun Craze, Soft Sea Foam, Old Olive
Accessories Dimensionals, Neutral Sequins, Copper Embossing Powder
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Layers of Beauty Dies & Masks, Unbounded Love Dies,, Heat Tool, Blending Brushes, Distress Tile Embossing Folder, Perennial Postage Dies

13 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

I LOVE orange roses, LeAnne! They aren't often available but oh yours are really gorgeous! The pale neutral stamping and your lovely, embossed panel are the perfect backdrop!

Hey, that's almost like our trip to the drive-in movie - sans the dogs! lol Did they sleep out there all night?
=]

Carol L said...

This card is such a beautiful way to send get well wishes. I love every detail! Fun picture of the girls too, but the dogs apparently don't like scary movies do they? LOL

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! The girls and the fur babies are cute too!

ElizStewart said...

LeAnne... truly love the girls' night out. Truly the perfect childhood memory. Next I am amazed you have bronze embossing powder in your stash. Love the card. I love the postage cut on the embossed background...a perfect touch. Thanks ever so much for joining and sharing at Just Us Girls this week!

Julia Aston said...

Your flowers are SO pretty in the colors you used LeAnne! Love that embossed die cut white panel behind them layered onto the beige base. And what a fun night - friends, a movie, dogs and popcorn - really, what more could you want?? Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational:Stencils! Julia xx

Carol said...

Such a pretty card! I am a big fan of copper in general. And you did some great stenciling too! The embossed piece behind the flowers reminds me of the patterns of those ceiling tiles that could be copper! The recipient of this card will smile big when they open the envelope. This would make a nice set of cards as a gift, actually. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls!

Kampin' Karen said...

LeAnne, your card is extraordinary. I LOVE it! The girls are braver than I would have been!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card LeAnne. Love the copper and the pretty blooms you stenciled.

Bonnie said...

Gorgeous roses! These colors work beautifully with the copper embossing!

Linda Callahan said...

Oh my this is gorgeous! And outdoor movies are fun!!!

Jeanne H said...

A very beautiful card. Love the colors together and your coloring is great.

Lisa Elton said...

Love the pretty vintage look and those wonderful layers! So happy to have you joining us at JUGs this week. Looks like the dogs had as much fun as the girls!

Marlena M. said...

Stunning work LeAnne! Thank you for sharing with us at INk~