Wednesday, January 17, 2024

TSOT639 A Bright Get Well

ooHappy Wednesday, peeps!  Brrrr! It's COLD here in SE PA!  I have a hot pink card that should warm us up today! It uses the sketch from Try A Sketch on Tuesday:

I love this sketch because I love things in THREES!! Woohoo!  So here we go:


I wanted something bright for my friend so I pulled out some retired Magenta Madness cardstock; I thought some of the black and white prints from the Zoo Crew DSP and made some banners.  I attached them to my card front, which I had embossed with the Starry embossing folder.  I made a horizontal banner on which I stamped my sentiment, then added a white and Magenta Madness glimmer star.  I diecut four tiny black stars....the tiniest die I think I have in my inventory, to embellish the top right corner as well as the magenta star:


I added the inside star and another one floating around on my desk on the inside for fun:


I love this sketch...it's a keeper!

Dana is not much of a baker, she admits that, but wanted to make Wayne a cake for his birthday.  Unfortunately, she didn't have all the ingredients she needed, so she made him brownies, and made homemade peanut butter icing to go on top.  Since he loves those peanut blossom cookies, she decorated his cake with Hershey's kisses:


It was also our 25th wedding anniversary yesterday....here's John's cute decor that greeted me first thing in the morning....the plant was already there, he just did the "decor" and cards!


He's such a sweetie! Thanks for visiting today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Many Mates (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Magenta Madness (ret), Zoo Crew DSP, White Glimmer (ret), Basic Black
 Ink Versafine Black
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Banner Punch, Starry Embossing Folder (ret), Star Dies (Avery Elle)

14 comments:

Wendy said...

Super fun card, LeAnne! Love the colors especially that bold pink! This will surely cheer someone up that is under the weather and add a pop of brightness to their day! And I love all the stars, too! Wayne's brownies look so good and I love that Dana added the Hershey Kisses for the number of years! Happiest Birthday to him! And a Happy 25th Anniversary to John & you! Those cards are the sweetest! Enjoy your day & stay warm! :)

Kampin' Karen said...

Happy silver to you and John! Happy 46th to Wayne. His brownies sound delicious. I miss that bright pink so it's nice to see it on a card. I traded Florida for -5 degrees and 6" of snow today. Tomorrow is my Florida house closing...can't wait 'til it's behind me! Have a blessed day.

I Card Everyone said...

Oh! Happy 25th Anniversary to you and John! Cheers to 25 more!
Tell Dana I'd rather have brownies for any birthday!
And your friend must feel so much better after receiving this bright and darling card!
=]

Dena J said...

Just LOVE that hot pink and stars! Even some sparkle. Very fun card and will surely be appreciated. Thank you so much for joining the challenge at Try A Sketch On Tuesday.

Tracy Grauer said...

You definitely warmed things up with that bright Magenta Madness colored card! I'm a pink girl so I'm all for it! I'm sure Wayne's dessert was yummy! Happy Anniversary to you and John! Congratulations!

Bonnie said...

Bright and cheerful, LeAnne! Perfect to wish get well! Happy Anniversary to you and John!

Lisa Elton said...

A bright and happy card for your friend, LeAnne! Birthday brownies sound good to me! Happy 25th to you and John!

Kim S said...

I bet it was wonderful to make that bright and cheerful card on a cold day! I love it!

Alyson Mayo said...

Fabulous colour combo with the bold pink plus back and white - and yes, groups of three work so well for many things! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT :)

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Happy Anniversary. Wow, that is a hot pink for sure and it looks so good with the black and white pattern banners... fun card and thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

Linda Callahan said...

Love the pink with b/w on your card! Happy 25 th Anniversary! And Happy Birthday to Wayne!

Polly said...

Such a fun, bright card sure to brighten someone's day! Thanks for sharing with us at TSOT.

foleysfriend said...

Great color combination of the bright pink with black and white patterned papers. Loving the star theme and the texture and dimension achieved with the embossing folder. Thanks for joining us at Try A Sketch on Tuesday.

sue n.

Simply Sara Stampin' said...

Love your bright Get Well card, LeAnne! Perfect to cheer someone up! Thanks for sharing with us at Try a Sketch on Tuesday!