Monday, January 29, 2024

Peekaboo Birds

Happy Monday, stamping friends! I have a quick post today as it is Stamp Club day! Yay!  I was looking for ideas using the Adoring Hearts suite and after seeing lots of cards with the individual birds from the Flight and Airy papers, I thought I'd combine them both:


I diecut a piece of Basic White using two-thirds of the die and embossing folder, then snipped out some of the birds to put behind the heart openings.  My only dilemma is that all the left-facing birds are the same color!  But hopefully the recipient won't notice, or mind!  I stamped a sentiment from Best Family Ever in Boho Blue ink, added a Boho Blue ribbon and mounted it on a Boho Blue card base!  The last thing I did was use a teeny tiny wee little bit of BB ink and water to color the background around the birds; it was getting lost against the Basic White openings and it helped define them nicely!


I left the inside blank, but this will probably go to my friend who just had a pacemaker "installed"!  Thanks for popping in today! Enjoy it and be blessed!



Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Best Family Ever
Card stock & Papers     Boho Blue, Basic White, Flight & Airy DSP
 Ink Boho Blue
Accessories    
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Adorning Hearts Die, Aquapainter

9 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

I LOVE this! I will be CASEing...thank you! Have a blessed week.

Bonnie said...

A darling card, LeAnne! Your arrangement of the birds is so pleasing and the light watercolor behind them makes then really stand out! Gorgeous paper and you are doing wonders with it!

I Card Everyone said...

Such beautiful birds, LeAnne - they deserve these special frames! Looks like your DSP took that wee bit of paint perfectly - maybe try adding a little to those 'left facing' birds for a bit of custom feathering? but I think they are just darling the way they are!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

This is lovely, LeAnne! I don't think your friend will mind the color. After all, birds of a feather flock together!

Lorraine said...

Love this! Wouldn't have noticed the colors were the same til you mentioned it.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I actually didn't notice the colours until you mentioned it - this is a great way to show off these birds without needing to fussy cut. I have heart die envy though!! Lovely!

Claire Broadwater said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this fabulous card! Those little birdies popping out of those hearts is genius!

Linda Callahan said...

Your birds are fabulous in their heart frames! Sweet as can be!

Kim S said...

Those little birds are charming peeking out of the hearts!