Friday, January 5, 2024

FMS617 Tooled Birthday

Happy Friday! Yay, it's the weekend already!  The sketch at FMS, with its three elements, gave me a chance to use the new Trusty Tools bundle!  Here's Narelle's sketch:

I have two nephews with birthdays this month and they both are very construction-minded!  If you find masculine cards challenging, this bundle is definitely for you!  So here's my card:


I stamped the wrench, hammer and tape measure on Basic White cardstock and used the coordinating stamps to fill in the colors.  The un-colored portions I filled in loosely with ink and an aquapainter:


The background is Copper Clay, diecut with the pegboard die, and I threw around a few screws and bolts!  The birthday sentiment is a retired Paper Pumpkin.

The inside sentiment is from Charming Sentiments; I stamped it crookedly, so I restamped it on a panel diecut with the Deckle Edge Rectangle dies, and added a retired Woodgrain background to keep in with the carpentry theme!


Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!


Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Trusty Tools, Charming Sentiments, Woodgrain Background (ret), Paper Pumpkin (ret)
Card stock & Papers     Basic White, Crumb Cake, Copper Clay, Sweet Sorbet, Blueberry Bushel, Crushed Curry
 Ink Versafine Black, Crumb Cake, Crushed Curry, Blueberry Bushel, Sweet Sorbet, Smoky Slate
Accessories Dimensionals
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Deckle Edge Rectagle Dies, Stylish Shapes Dies, Trusty Tool Dies, Sponge Daubers, Aquapainter, Large Banner Dies (Pink & Main)

8 comments:

Kampin' Karen said...

Love that pegboard die! Cute card for the boys. I didn't get the stamp set, but I did get the DSP so I'll be CASEing and just fussy cutting the tools. Have a blessed weekend.

I Card Everyone said...

All the tools a guy [or gal] could need! Such a darling used of those little squares - and I love the screws holding it all onto your peg board!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, the pegboard is nifty! This is such a fun card, LeAnne!

Wendy said...

Oh, this sure is awesome, LeAnne! I just got this bundle and the DSP and can't wait to use it! Love the pegboard and the fun colored tools! Your nephews are going to love this! TFS and have a great weekend! :)

Jacquie Southas said...

Fabulous masculine design, LeAnne! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week.

Deb said...

What a perfect male-theme card! Great images.

Jen Brum said...

This is such a great card LeAnne! I love those tools and the peg board background! So fun! Your nephews are going to love it! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Linda Callahan said...

Love this! The pegboard is a terrific backdrop!