Wednesday, January 31, 2024

AHSC562 My Heart Is With You

Happy Wednesday, everyone!  Wow, the last day of January, time flies!  My card today features the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge sketch:


along with some papers from Close to My Heart that I've had for a while but haven't even opened!  So I remedied that today!  Here we go:


I love the vintage French feel of these prints...I layered one of the papers on a Crumb Cake base, and before layering it, I stamped a few images from the retired French Foliage and Butterfly Basics:


I added a couple of embossed hearts from the Adoring Hearts embossing folder, some Boho Blue twine, and a sentiment from another retired set called Small Sayings. It's hard to see, but there's a wee little strip of Champagne foil paper that gives the elements a little pizzazz!  On the inside, another retired sentiment from Holiday Best:


This was actually my second attempt at this card; the first one I was not as pleased with; it went on a Very Vanilla base, but I didn't really like the stamped elements as much.  


I did like the sentiment; it was a sticker from the same set of papers:


Those twirly elements behind the sentiments are always problematic for me, I can never get them quite right! But I now have two more Valentines for my stash!  

Thanks for popping in today!  Enjoy it and be blessed!

We love because God first loved us.  I John 4:19

Project Details—All Products SU! Unless Otherwise Specified
Stamps Butterfly Basics, Small Sayings, French Foliage, Perfectly Wrapped (all retired)
Card stock & Papers     Crumb Cake, Basic White, Very Vnailla, Champage Foil (ret), Cosette (Close to My Heart)
 Ink Versafine Black, Crumb Cake, Moody Mauve
Accessories Boho Blue Twine, Dimensionals, Rose Metallic Thread (ret)
Tools     Cut & Emboss Machine, Adoring Hearts Hybrid Embossing Folder & Die, Perennial Postage Dies, Sponge Dauber, Banner Dies (Pink & Main)

7 comments:

ebethk said...

Oh I love that card and I'm going to CASE it for sure! I have those CTMH papers snd love the vintage French feel...ohh la la!
Earlier I paired it with a very old wood- mount SU set that had an Eiffel Tower.
Thanks for the inspiration!

I Card Everyone said...

Each one is so pretty, LeAnne! Love those papers with the Crumb Cake the most but they are gorgeous on the Vanilla, too!
=]

Lisa Elton said...

Both versions are lovely, LeAnne! Those little hearts look like they're made of tin!

Linda Callahan said...

I always love your collage/vintage cards - you have a knack for them as my grandmother would say! ;)

Dena J said...

Two beautiful cards, Leanne, but I do love the embossed hearts best :-) I am glad to not be the only person who gets on a struggle bus with those twirling threads!! They look so pretty though and I keep trying. Thank you so much for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge.

Brandi said...

Very pretty, I love the vintage feel of the card. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

Brandi R.
DT member AHSC
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Lovely card! I love the double hearts and collage style placement below the center line. Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us this week at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie
AHSC DT