Thursday, March 30, 2023

SUOC323 Times Two

Happy Thursday, peeps!  Winding the week down, headed to the weekend!  Did you see the retiring list? And the Color Refresh?  So much info, my head is spinning, and I'm a little sad too!  So hard to see old favorites go!  I'll share a little video at the end of the post about the refresh, so be sure to check it out!  Anyway, I made a couple of cards for the SU Only Challenge, where they are challenging us to recreate one of the cards from page 22 of the mini catalog:


I chose to recreate the card on the right, which features a Mint Macaron base (and which is very sadly retiring....sniff, sniff...just like my favorite Sage Shadow did) and since I really liked the sketch, I made two!  The first one just happened to use Fresh Freesia, which has been growing on me, and happily, is returning:


I took some watercolor paper and colored it with some Fresh Freesia and Mint Macaron inks, then diecut my flowers with the Summer Shadows dies. I was really surprised at how pink the flower came out!!  I used some Fresh Freesia DSP for my circles and stamped Shaded Summer images on the Fresh Freesia card base.  I added a few adhesive sequins too:


Same sketch for the second one; it uses Regency Park DSP and a sentiment from Love For You:


I snipped a few flowers from a leftover scrap and adhered them to a few circular layers, then added a couple of "petals" around the edge, diecut with the Blossoming Happiness dies:


Same sketch but two totally different looks!  Thanks for popping in today!  NOW...here's a link to that fun little Color Refresh video:


Enjoy your day and be blessed!

7 comments:

Wendy said...

Such pretty cards, LeAnne! Love the designs! I am sad that Shaded Summer is retiring and it's one set that I have not used all that much. I am also sad that Mint Macaron is leaving but the biggest shock was Soft Suede. I know we have some lovely amazing colors coming but those 2 made my heart sink.

I Card Everyone said...

Two fabulous cards, LeAnne!
=]

Kampin' Karen said...

It's amazing how the different colors achieve such a totally different look. I have brought out a few retired colors to re-join the refresh and sadly put some away. Have a blessed day.

Lisa Elton said...

These are lovely, great use of the DPs!

Tammy said...

Beautiful cards!! I love the one in Fresh Freesia--I wasn't a fan at first either, but now really like the color! I'll miss Pear Pizzazz--one of my fav greens! Oh well--time to enjoy the new colors!! Thanks for joining us at SUOC!!

Linda Callahan said...

I love Fresh Freesia…..so glad it is staying! Pretty cards!

Christy Lynn said...

Both of your cards are beautiful, LeAnne! I'm happy that Fresh Freesia is sticking around, though I would rather keep Polished Pink than Flirty Flamingo :) Great job on the sketch for both cards, I particularly like the DSP leaves on the Regency Park card. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges!